- 13 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 16 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 19 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 20 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- News A pact of goons: BJP on SP-RLD alliance
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
A few days back, the new batch of Kia Sonet was spotted with Kia's new logo. These new vehicles with updated logos are part of Kia's update for the Sonet and Seltos, which will be launched later this month.
However, according to the latest video posted by ARK MOTO VLOGS on Youtube, it is seen that the 2021 Kia Sonet will be getting paddle shifters. The paddle shifters were spotted in a Sonet which is powered by the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine paired to a 7-speed DCT.
In a recent report we also mentioned that along with the new logo, the company plans to launch the updated variants of the Sonet and Seltos also. The new variants will include Kia Sonet HTX iMT petrol, HTX DCT petrol, HTX MT diesel and HTX AT diesel.
Also, the top of the Kia Sonet HTX variants will be equipped with dual-tone alloys and traction control as standard. Besides, features like ESC, HAC, VSM, BA and Multiple Drive Modes will be on offer with HTX DCT petrol. However, the equipment on offer remains the same with stand-out features like a wireless phone charger, 7-Speaker Bose stereo system, ambient lighting, automatic climate control, connected car tech and an electric sunroof.
Safety features include six airbags, ABS, EBD, front and rear parking sensors, traction control, ESC, TPMS, hill-start assist and more. Alongside the 1.0-litre motor, the company is also offering the 1.2-litre unit that produces 84bhp of power and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is available in two configurations: a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp/240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The diesel with WGT engine is offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit comes mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
Thoughts About The New Kia Sonet
The new features on the Kia Sonet like the paddle shifters are quite essential to freshen up things and attract more customers. Once launched, the Kia Sonet will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market.