- 2 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News Gujarat: Mild tremor in Kutch, no casualty
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
A few days back, the new batch of Kia Sonet was spotted with Kia's new logo. These new vehicles with updated logos are part of Kia's update for the Sonet and Seltos, which will be launched later this month.
However, according to the latest video posted by ARK MOTO VLOGS on Youtube, it is seen that the 2021 Kia Sonet will be getting paddle shifters. The paddle shifters were spotted in a Sonet which is powered by the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine paired to a 7-speed DCT.
In a recent report we also mentioned that along with the new logo, the company plans to launch the updated variants of the Sonet and Seltos also. The new variants will include Kia Sonet HTX iMT petrol, HTX DCT petrol, HTX MT diesel and HTX AT diesel.
Also, the top of the Kia Sonet HTX variants will be equipped with dual-tone alloys and traction control as standard. Besides, features like ESC, HAC, VSM, BA and Multiple Drive Modes will be on offer with HTX DCT petrol. However, the equipment on offer remains the same with stand-out features like a wireless phone charger, 7-Speaker Bose stereo system, ambient lighting, automatic climate control, connected car tech and an electric sunroof.
Safety features include six airbags, ABS, EBD, front and rear parking sensors, traction control, ESC, TPMS, hill-start assist and more. Alongside the 1.0-litre motor, the company is also offering the 1.2-litre unit that produces 84bhp of power and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is available in two configurations: a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp/240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The diesel with WGT engine is offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit comes mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
Thoughts About The New Kia Sonet
The new features on the Kia Sonet like the paddle shifters are quite essential to freshen up things and attract more customers. Once launched, the Kia Sonet will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market.