- 2 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
A few days back, the new batch of Kia Sonet was spotted with Kia's new logo. These new vehicles with updated logos are part of Kia's update for the Sonet and Seltos, which will be launched later this month.
However, according to the latest video posted by ARK MOTO VLOGS on Youtube, it is seen that the 2021 Kia Sonet will be getting paddle shifters. The paddle shifters were spotted in a Sonet which is powered by the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine paired to a 7-speed DCT.
In a recent report we also mentioned that along with the new logo, the company plans to launch the updated variants of the Sonet and Seltos also. The new variants will include Kia Sonet HTX iMT petrol, HTX DCT petrol, HTX MT diesel and HTX AT diesel.
Also, the top of the Kia Sonet HTX variants will be equipped with dual-tone alloys and traction control as standard. Besides, features like ESC, HAC, VSM, BA and Multiple Drive Modes will be on offer with HTX DCT petrol. However, the equipment on offer remains the same with stand-out features like a wireless phone charger, 7-Speaker Bose stereo system, ambient lighting, automatic climate control, connected car tech and an electric sunroof.
Safety features include six airbags, ABS, EBD, front and rear parking sensors, traction control, ESC, TPMS, hill-start assist and more. Alongside the 1.0-litre motor, the company is also offering the 1.2-litre unit that produces 84bhp of power and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is available in two configurations: a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp/240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The diesel with WGT engine is offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit comes mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
Thoughts About The New Kia Sonet
The new features on the Kia Sonet like the paddle shifters are quite essential to freshen up things and attract more customers. Once launched, the Kia Sonet will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market.