- 8 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 15 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Disha Patani Asks, 'Humare Friend Banoge?' Kickstarts #TheYKKAGroove
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
The 2021 Kia Seltos is all set to be launched in May 2021. The SUV will retain the same design & styling, and the engine and transmission options too remain the same. However, it will come with several new feature additions that make it feel more upmarket.
The Seltos was the first model launched by Kia in the Indian market. It debuted at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo as the Kia SP Concept and became an attention magnet at the Kia pavilion back then. It was then launched in August 2019 and won the hearts of Indian buyers. Kia equipped the SUV with lots of features and brilliant engine and gearbox combinations.
The Kia Seltos soon became the best-seller in its segment and made the Korean car manufacturer one of the household names in the Indian auto industry. Now, just under two years after the Kia Seltos was first launched, the brand is set to launch the 2021 model. Kia has undertaken a brand-transformation with a new logo across the globe and a new name in India. Hence, 'Kia India' is now updating its products.
The 2021 Kia Seltos retains the design and style from the outgoing model. It still gets that familiar front-fascia with the wraparound LED headlamps, the tiger-nose grille and the chunky bumper. The top-spec variants ride on dual-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels and the SUV is available in dual-tone colour options as well.
The 2021 Kia Seltos is powered by the same range of engines as the outgoing model. It gets one diesel engine and two petrol engines. The Smartstream 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine has a power output of 113.4bhp at 6,300rpm and a peak torque output of 144Nm at 4,500rpm. It is available with either a 6-speed manual transmission or an IVT gearbox.
The sole diesel engine on offer is the 1.5-litre CDRi VGT engine with a maximum power output of 113.4bhp at 4,000rpm and a peak torque output of 250Nm between 1,500 and 2,750rpm. This engine is available with either a 6-speed Manual Transmission or a 6-speed Torque Converter Automatic gearbox.
The top-spec engine available with the 2021 Kia Seltos is the 1.4-litre GDI turbo-petrol motor. It comes with a maximum power output of 138bhp and a peak torque output of 242Nm. This motor is available with either a 6-speed Manual Transmission or a 7-speed DCT gearbox. The car comes with three traction settings - Sand, Mud, and Snow/Wet. The three driving modes are Normal, Eco, and Sport.
The base variants of the Kia Seltos remain the same but the mid and top spec variants receive a few new features. The HTK+ variant gets the remote engine start on the smart key. It also gets a beige fabric seat, electric sunroof, automatic temperature control, as optional extras.
The HTX, HTX AE, HTX+, GTX (O), and GTX+ variants get Electronic Stability Control, Hill-Start Assist Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Brake Assist, etc. The automatic variants get paddle shifters, making it the first vehicle in its segment to get this feature.
Thoughts On 2021 Kia Seltos Being Launched In May With New Features
The Kia Seltos is without doubt, one of the favourites in its segment. It has managed to please critics, enthusiasts and even buyers. Now, with the addition of new features, there are more reasons to buy the Seltos.