- 55 min ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 16 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- Movies Varun Dhawan's IG Story Hints At Shraddha Kapoor's Wedding With Celebrity Photographer Rohan Shrestha
- News CBI court issues arrest warrant against TMC leader Vinay Mishra in cattle smuggling case
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52, Galaxy A72 Price Tipped Ahead Of Launch; Premium Smartphones In Offing
- Finance Gold Price Falls Below Rs. 49000 Ahead Of US Fed Monetary Policy Decision
- Sports WWE Royal Rumble 2021: Bad Bunny to perform in first-ever performance of history-making album
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
Jeep has unveiled the Compass facelift SUV in the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV was first showcased at the 2020 Guangzhou International Motor Show. The company is expected to launch the new Compass in the coming weeks in India.
The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV receives a number of subtle yet significant updates over the outgoing model, both to its exterior and interiors. At the front, the new Compass facelift comes with a slightly reworked set of front LED headlamp units with DRLs. The front grille has also been worked on, but still, it carries forward the signature seven-vertical slats.
The new Compass facelift SUV also comes with reworked front bumpers with new housing for the fog lamps and a newly designed air intake at the centre. The side and rear profiles almost remain identical.
On the inside, is where the new Jeep Compass has most of the significant changes. The new facelift SUV comes with a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a more premium dashboard with soft-touch material all around, climate control, leather-wrapped steering with mounted controls, wireless charging, electric sunroof, digital instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, however, the new Jeep Compass facelift SUV will remain unchanged. The 2021 facelift SUV will carry forward the same set of petrol and diesel engine options from the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 163bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque.
On the other hand, there is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual. The petrol gets an optional seven-speed DCT automatic while the diesel engine is mated to an optional nine-speed automatic transmission.
Safety features on the facelifted Jeep Compass include 6 airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, traction control, ESC, hill-start assist, hill-descent control auto headlamps and wipers and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Thoughts About The India-Spec Jeep Compass Facelift
The Jeep Compass has been on sale in India since 2017 and has been the brand's best-selling model. The new model with all the significant changes done to it will definitely gain some traction. The Jeep Compass facelift SUV will go up against the likes of the upcoming Skoda Vision IN and the Volkswagen T-Roc.