- 13 min ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 1 hr ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
BMW will launch the 5 Series facelift in India on 24 June. The BMW 5 Series facelift is set to get slight changes to its styling, along with several feature additions and technological upgrades. It will however still be powered by the same engines and we also expect it to get a price hike.
The BMW 5 Series has reached its mid-cycle period. It received a generational update in 2017 and now it is time for it to receive a facelift. BMW revealed this facelift for international markets in May 2020 and June 24, 2021 is when it will be launched in India.
Design & Style
The biggest change with the new BMW 5 Series facelift comes in the form of aesthetics. Up front is a new chrome grille which is now larger in size. The bumper is redesigned and the headlamps are new too. Top variants of the car now get BMW's Laserlight headlamp technology. The LED DRLs define the overall styling up front.
At the rear, the facelifted BMW 5 Series gets redesigned tail lamps and a redesigned bumper. The exhaust pipe outlets are now trapezoidal across all variants.
The biggest update inside the new facelifted 5 Series comes in the form of the seventh-generation of BMW's iDrive infotainment system. A 10.3-inch touchscreen is a part of the standard equipment on offer across all variants.
The climate control and air conditioning gets a new display and placed a little lower. The materials used inside the car also get an upgrade. Additionally, the centre-console is now finished in Piano Black.
Engine & Gearbox
As aforementioned, BMW will not be updating the engine or transmission. The BMW 5 Series facelift will retain the three engine options found in the current model.
BMW 530i & 530i M Sport:
2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder petrol engine
Max power: 248bhp @ 5,200rpm
Peak torque: 350Nm @ 1,450 - 4,800rpm
BMW 520d Luxury Line:
2.0-litre, inline-four-cylinder diesel engine
Max power: 187.7bhp @ 4,000rpm
Peak torque: 400Nm @ 1,750 - 2,500rpm
BMW 530d M Sport:
3.0-litre, inline-six-cylinder diesel engine
Max power: 261.4bhp @ 4,000rpm
Peak torque: 620Nm @ 2,000 - 2,500rpm
An 8-speed automatic gearbox is standard across the range and power is sent to the rear wheels.
Competition and Pricing
The BMW 5 Series facelift will compete with the Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, and Lexus ES. The BMW 5 Series is currently priced between Rs 56 lakh and Rs 69 lakh, ex-showroom. We expect a slight price increase on all variants when the facelift is launched on 24th.
Thoughts On BMW 5 Series Facelift Launching In India On 24 June
The BMW 5 Series is a modern car that outpaced its rivals in many areas, especially in terms of design. Now with the upcoming facelift, BMW will further improve this. The facelifted sedan is surely a brilliant overall package. How BMW will price it is something that is to be seen. 24 June will reveal if the BMW 5 Series has the upper hand over its rivals.