- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Sports Elite Women's National Boxing Championships: World medallists Manju Rani and Jamuna Boro storm into semis
- Movies Salman Khan Urges Fans To Watch Sooryavanshi, Satyameva Jayate 2 And Bunty Aur Babli 2 In Theatres
- News Assembly bypolls: EC show-cause notice to Assam CM for violation of poll code
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
MG Motor India is gearing up to deploy 100 Ambulances based on the MG Hector SUV. The new MG Hector Ambulances will exclusively be used for COVID-19 patients. As of now, all the 100 MG Hector Ambulances have been allocated for Nagpur and Vidarbha.
The 100 MG Hector Ambulances were requested by Hon'ble Union Minister Nitin Gadkari to serve COVID-19 patients in Nagpur and Vidarbha in a bid to tackle the sharply rising number of COVID-19 cases.
"We are extremely proud that the minister has called for our support at this critical time. We have immediately delivered 8 of the 100 requested Hector Ambulance units." said Mr Rajeev Chaba (President and MD of MG Motor India)
MG Motor India had previously donated five MG Hector Ambulances to Nangia Speciality Hospital (Nagpur) to serve exclusively to COVID-19 patients, as part of the company's community service scheme MG SEWA.
The MG Hector Ambulances are custom built by the Chinese-owned British car maker at their Halol plant in Gujarat by their own team of engineers. The car is retrofitted with life-saving equipment such as an auto-loading stretcher, an oxygen system with provision for an oxygen cylinder, a jump seat for the attendant, a fire extinguisher, etc.
It even gets a medicine cabinet that can monitor five parameters, an inverter, a siren, a lightbar and a few other types of medical equipment.
Thoughts On 100 MG Hector Ambulances Being Delivered By MG Motor India
It is really remarkable of MG Motor India to commit the delivery of 100 MG Hector Ambulances on such short notice. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we are glad to see automotive manufacturers coming to the rescue. MG has already been using its manufacturing plant to generate oxygen required for those suffering. Now it has started manufacturing ambulances.