- 1 hr ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Movies Tamannaah Bhatia Says OTT Space Is Helping Actors Change The Old Idea Of Stardom
- Finance Brief Timeline Of Jet Airways Insolvency Resolution
- News Delta Plus variant spreads to 4 states: Should you worry?
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela’s Glam Makeup And Twisted Hairstyle Make For A Complete Flawless Wedding Look
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
MG Motor India is gearing up to deploy 100 Ambulances based on the MG Hector SUV. The new MG Hector Ambulances will exclusively be used for COVID-19 patients. As of now, all the 100 MG Hector Ambulances have been allocated for Nagpur and Vidarbha.
The 100 MG Hector Ambulances were requested by Hon'ble Union Minister Nitin Gadkari to serve COVID-19 patients in Nagpur and Vidarbha in a bid to tackle the sharply rising number of COVID-19 cases.
"We are extremely proud that the minister has called for our support at this critical time. We have immediately delivered 8 of the 100 requested Hector Ambulance units." said Mr Rajeev Chaba (President and MD of MG Motor India)
MG Motor India had previously donated five MG Hector Ambulances to Nangia Speciality Hospital (Nagpur) to serve exclusively to COVID-19 patients, as part of the company's community service scheme MG SEWA.
The MG Hector Ambulances are custom built by the Chinese-owned British car maker at their Halol plant in Gujarat by their own team of engineers. The car is retrofitted with life-saving equipment such as an auto-loading stretcher, an oxygen system with provision for an oxygen cylinder, a jump seat for the attendant, a fire extinguisher, etc.
It even gets a medicine cabinet that can monitor five parameters, an inverter, a siren, a lightbar and a few other types of medical equipment.
Thoughts On 100 MG Hector Ambulances Being Delivered By MG Motor India
It is really remarkable of MG Motor India to commit the delivery of 100 MG Hector Ambulances on such short notice. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we are glad to see automotive manufacturers coming to the rescue. MG has already been using its manufacturing plant to generate oxygen required for those suffering. Now it has started manufacturing ambulances.