- 22 min ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 47 min ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 1 hr ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Spied With Tripper Navigation: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports Online gaming market projected to reach 440 million gamers by 2022: Tarun Gupta, founder Ultimate Battle
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- News People of Assam eager to bring back BJP-led govt: Sonowal
- Movies Varun Dhawan Climbs On Top Of A Car As His Fans Interrupt Bhediya Shoot In Arunachal Pradesh
- Finance How To Generate EPF UAN Using Aadhaar?
- Education CEED Result 2021: IIT Bombay To Release CEED Result At ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Porsche Taycan has won the '2020 World Performance Car of the Year' award. The Porsche Taycan beat the Porsche 718 and the 911 to take the top honours. This is the sixth time a Porsche has taken the win in the Performance car category.
The ‘performance car of the year' category saw a total of 13 contenders from around the world. This included the likes of the Toyota GR Supra, BMW M8, Porsche 718 Cayman GT4, Porsche Taycan and the Porsche 911; among others.
According to the eligibility criteria, all contenders in the list must be overtly performance-oriented, have a production volume of at least 2000 units per year and be on sale in a minimum of two continents.
Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board, Porsche AG, said,
"The all-electric Porsche Taycan was designed to be a genuine Porsche, with exceptional performance made to put a smile on the driver's face, true to our brand. We are proud and honoured that the international jury of World Car Awards believes we have succeeded."
The winner was selected by a group of 86 jurors from over 24 countries across the world. After a long screening process and the test drives in Los Angeles, USA, the top-three finalists were announced on 3rd March 2020.
Porsche cars have won the performance category 5 times previously. This includes 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017.
Talking about the Porsche Taycan itself, it is the first all-electric car from the German brand. The Taycan comes with high-voltage lithium-ion batteries and an 800-volt charger.
This allows the Porsche Taycan to push out 600bhp of power from its two electric motors while offering a maximum range of 500km, which is equally impressive. The Porsche Taycan also comes with fast-charging technology, which offers 400km of range in just 15 mins.
Thoughts On The Porsche Taycan Winning The ‘2020 World Performance Car Of The Year' Award
The Porsche Taycan offers exceptional-levels of performance from its electric powertrain. The Taycan takes on rivals such as the Tesla in the international markets. The electric sedan from Porsche is expected to make its way to the Indian market in late-2020 or early-2021.