- 18 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Porsche has announced that the company's electric supercar offering, the Taycan has created a new world record for 'the longest drift in an electric vehicle. The Porsche Taycan supercar has now entered its name in the Guinness book of world records for holding a drift for 55 minutes while covering a total distance of 42.171 kilometres.
The World Record attempt was done at their Porsche Experience Centre in Hockenheimring, Germany. The driver chosen for the record attempt was Porsche Instructor, Dennis Retera who completed 210 laps on the 200-metre watered circular track; without the front wheels ever pointing at the same direction as the curve.
The Drift record was done using the rear-wheel driver version of the Porsche Taycan, currently on sale in the Chinese market. As per the official reports, Retera held the drift for 210 laps with an average speed of 46km/h.
Talking about the car, Dennis Retera stated,
"When the driving stability programmes are switched off, a powerslide with the electric Porsche (Taycan) is extremely easy, especially of course with this model variant, which is driven exclusively via the rear wheels."
"Sufficient power is always available. The low centre of gravity and the long-wheelbase ensure stability. The precise design of the chassis and steering allows for perfect control at all times, even when moving sideways."
Talking about the main record attempt itself, Retera mentioned,
"Nevertheless, it was also very tiring for me to keep my concentration high for 210 laps, especially as the irrigated asphalt of the drift circuit does not provide the same grip everywhere. I concentrated on controlling the drift with the steering - this is more efficient than using the accelerator pedal and reduces the risk of spinning."
The Porsche Taycan is the first and proper fully-electric supercar offering from the German brand. The Taycan is an extremely capable electric supercar, which although doesn't provide the same range as a Tesla, it makes up for it on performance and handling. The Taycan combines the excellent handling and driving dynamics Porsche is known for, with the modern EV technology.
Thoughts On The Porsche Taycan World Drifting Record Holder
The Porsche Taycan is an extremely capable and performance-oriented electric supercar offering. The world drift record is no easy feat and the fact that an electric vehicle now holds the record is something unique and special.