- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Raj Anadkat On TMKOC Completing 3000 Episodes: 'There Will Be Some Grand Dhamakedar Celebrations'
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The world has been struck hard by the COVID-19 pandemic due to which the auto industry along with all the other businesses are facing a lot of difficulties. A lot of dealerships are on the verge of closing permanently, but many manufacturers are trying hard to help them.
Seeing the current scenario, Volvo Car India has extended the warranty on its cars till May 31. This action has been taken by the company to reduce the inconvenience to customers during the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown across the country. This will cover customers who had the warranty expiring during the lockdown period beginning March 22, 2020, up until May 3, 2020 (till when the lockdown is expected currently).
Charles Frump, Managing Director, Volvo Car India said, "The health and safety of our employees and customers are of paramount importance for us. We fully support the Government's lockdown initiative in order to curtail the spread of COVID-19, during the lockdown some of our customers may have faced warranty issues and we are happy to extend the warranty till 31st May 2020 for customers whose warranty ends between 22nd March and 3rd May 2020."
The decision of the warranty extension required a series of steps taken by Volvo Car India as part of its overall health and safety plan to decrease the risks associated with COVID-19. Also last month, the company had closed all dealerships and allowed work from home to protect its customers and employees against the pandemic.
Thoughts On The Warranty Extension Plan From Volvo India
Since everything in the nation has come to a halt because of the pandemic all manufacturers are helping their customers and staff in whatever way they can. Volvo by introducing the extended warranty policy has also made the right decision. Volvo India is continuously analyzing the situation and will take appropriate measures when required in the near future.