- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 21 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News Patients from outside: Delhi health minister on COVID tally surge
- Sports Angel Gomes signs five-year deal with Lille, loaned to Boavista
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Connected Techongly has become one of the most important and essential features in recent times. While the initial form of this technology was mainly focused on entertainment aspects of a vehicle, lately it has used in much more productive ways.
Leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) announced its industry-first 100 per cent connected vehicles across its entire product portfolio.
Called the ‘Eicher LIVE', is the brand's in-house developed connected vehicle solution that is mainly targeted towards fleet management solution. The company announced that starting from August 1, 2020, the trucks and buses built on the EUTECH6 platform will feature smart connectivity.
These commercial vehicles will be equipped with pre-fitted hardware. It will enable trucks and buses to stay completely connected while on the road. The company is also offering free Eicher Uptime support, which is an industry-first ecosystem to maintain the vehicles as well.
Vinod Aggarwal, Managing Director & CEO, VE Commercial Vehicles said, "The unique proposition of connected vehicles is a significant step towards modernising the CV industry. Starting with Eicher Live, then the uptime centre and now with 100% connected vehicles, we are closing the loop on providing a connected ecosystem for tomorrow, which is driven by the BS-VI wave."
"These offerings will not only reduce the operational cost by maximising fuel efficiency but will also increase revenue through improved asset utilisation with superior uptime. It will also offer better safety and logistical efficiency to our partners and customers," he further added.
The company also claims that the connected technology will help extract maximum possible fuel efficiency with savings of up to 10% in fuel costs. In logistics space, almost half of the operating costs of trucks and buses is accounted for by fuel.
Being constantly connected, commercial vehicle owners will be able to maximise the potential of earning and saving, while completing the logistical service in-time to improve customer satisfaction.
The connected Eicher trucks and buses will come with a host of intelligent features including three key benefits. These are fuel-efficient operations, superior uptime enabled by the industry-first Eicher Uptime Centre support, and segment-specific benefits such as enhanced logistical efficiency in e-commerce and passenger safety in buses.
Mr Aggarwal further said, "Large fleet customers who have high demands of fuel efficiency, safety and driving behaviour as critical elements will be able to maximise their productivity and profitability. This technology will not only benefit the big logistics players but also the last mile vehicles as effectively."
Thoughts About Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Featuring Connected Technology
Transit times play a vital role in logistics businesses. With the latest connected technology, logistic companies can keep track of its fleet and plan the tasks accordingly. This will help in officiant fleet management, which will also improve end-customer satisfaction. Kudos to Volvo Eicher Group!