- 52 min ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 24 hrs ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Movies Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui: Producer Pragya Kapoor Shoots The Entire Film With Zero Waste Policy
- Sports Sindhu gets first round bye in World C'ships, Tai Tzu in line in quarters
- News President Ram Nath Kovind gives assent to Bill scrapping three farm laws
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Connected Techongly has become one of the most important and essential features in recent times. While the initial form of this technology was mainly focused on entertainment aspects of a vehicle, lately it has used in much more productive ways.
Leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) announced its industry-first 100 per cent connected vehicles across its entire product portfolio.
Called the ‘Eicher LIVE', is the brand's in-house developed connected vehicle solution that is mainly targeted towards fleet management solution. The company announced that starting from August 1, 2020, the trucks and buses built on the EUTECH6 platform will feature smart connectivity.
These commercial vehicles will be equipped with pre-fitted hardware. It will enable trucks and buses to stay completely connected while on the road. The company is also offering free Eicher Uptime support, which is an industry-first ecosystem to maintain the vehicles as well.
Vinod Aggarwal, Managing Director & CEO, VE Commercial Vehicles said, "The unique proposition of connected vehicles is a significant step towards modernising the CV industry. Starting with Eicher Live, then the uptime centre and now with 100% connected vehicles, we are closing the loop on providing a connected ecosystem for tomorrow, which is driven by the BS-VI wave."
"These offerings will not only reduce the operational cost by maximising fuel efficiency but will also increase revenue through improved asset utilisation with superior uptime. It will also offer better safety and logistical efficiency to our partners and customers," he further added.
The company also claims that the connected technology will help extract maximum possible fuel efficiency with savings of up to 10% in fuel costs. In logistics space, almost half of the operating costs of trucks and buses is accounted for by fuel.
Being constantly connected, commercial vehicle owners will be able to maximise the potential of earning and saving, while completing the logistical service in-time to improve customer satisfaction.
The connected Eicher trucks and buses will come with a host of intelligent features including three key benefits. These are fuel-efficient operations, superior uptime enabled by the industry-first Eicher Uptime Centre support, and segment-specific benefits such as enhanced logistical efficiency in e-commerce and passenger safety in buses.
Mr Aggarwal further said, "Large fleet customers who have high demands of fuel efficiency, safety and driving behaviour as critical elements will be able to maximise their productivity and profitability. This technology will not only benefit the big logistics players but also the last mile vehicles as effectively."
Thoughts About Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Featuring Connected Technology
Transit times play a vital role in logistics businesses. With the latest connected technology, logistic companies can keep track of its fleet and plan the tasks accordingly. This will help in officiant fleet management, which will also improve end-customer satisfaction. Kudos to Volvo Eicher Group!