- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 14 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- News NASA's Osiris-Rex spacecraft begins 2-year trip home with asteroid rubble
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Movies Indian Idol 12: Amit Kumar On Kishore Da's Spl Episode: I Wanted To Stop The Episode; I Didn't Enjoy It At All
- Technology Samsung Galaxy F52 5G Live Images Out: Another Mid-Range 5G Phone On Tow
- Sports WWE Raw: Jinder Mahal returns with new friends; Backlash card updated
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) have inaugurated a new manufacturing facility in India. The company has started its commercial operations at its new, state-of-the-art truck manufacturing unit at Bagroda, Bhopal.
This is the 8th manufacturing facility of VECV in the state of Madhya Pradesh and has been set up with Industry 4.0 standards. The facility was inaugurated by the Honorable Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan by flagging off new trucks rolled out from the facility.
The VECV becomes the primary company and is expected to rope in several ancillary units to the Bagroda Industrial area. As a result, it is expected to hold a good future for the development of this area as well as for the creation of employment opportunities for people living around the area.
Earlier in 1986, the Company's truck plant became the pioneer plant in establishing Pithampur Industrial Area, which was a not an industrial district at that time. VECV is one of the large investors in the State with an investment of more than Rs. 5000 crores in its eight plants.
The company was also responsible for bringing in more than 100 ancillary and other suppliers for supplying the parts required in the manufacture of trucks. As a result, VECV has generated direct and indirect employment for over 30,000 people including suppliers and associates.
The new facility has been based on world-class manufacturing technology. The machines are connected following IoT methodology and Industry 4.0 standards. The new facility will be utilized to manufacture VECV's Pro2000 light-duty BSVI range. The manufacturing plant spans over 147 acres of and has an initial capacity of 40,000 trucks per annum, which would be scalable up to 100,000 per annum.
Commenting on the occasion, Honorable Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan said, "I am very delighted to see the dream, that we had seen two years ago, to get fulfilled in front of my eyes. It is an honour to be inaugurating VECV's Bhopal plant along with the Industry Minister today. Furthering the PM's vision for an Atmanirbhar Bharat, we prepared a roadmap to achieve the same in Madhya Pradesh and framed it within a timeline, upon which we are moving with a quick pace."
He further added, "The trucks that come out of the plant will be able to compete with any global companies. It's a matter of pride for us that products that are Made in Madhya Pradesh will reach the world. The entire plant is equipped with such advanced technology. I was astonished to see that the engine is designed to make way for a pollution-free and noise-free environment.
Along with industrial development, the plant will also spur almost 70% employment in the state, which has been a global concern for quite some time. We are extremely thankful to VECV for partnering with us and we will continue offering the company convenience and industry-friendly policies for smooth operations."
Speaking on the inauguration, Vinod Aggarwal, MD & CEO, VECV said, "It's a very proud moment for us today when we commence commercial operations at our new plant. This is a testament to our commitment to the State of Madhya Pradesh with eight plants in the State now. We are extremely happy with the industry-friendly policies, as well as the very peaceful industrial atmosphere of the state."
He further added, "Apart from meeting the domestic demand, this facility will also be used for catering to new export markets thus contributing to the vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat as well as Make in India initiatives by our commitment to Make in Madhya Pradesh."
Thoughts About The Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) New Manufacturing Plant Inaugurated In Bhopal
The new manufacturing plant inaugurated in Bhopal is expected to be the backbone for starting an industrial area in Bagroda. The new facility will aid many part suppliers entering the industrial area, which will create more job opportunities for the locals. The new facility is in line with our Prime Minister's vision of Make-in-India and other initiatives for the development of the nation.