- 56 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Volkswagen will be launching a new model called the Taigun in the Indian market. The company has teased the upcoming SUV via teaser video released on its official social media handle. The teaser video showcases the Taigun's various styling and design elements. It also reveals the launch timeline of the Taigun, which will be sometime in the middle of next year.
The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with other SUV models. The company has confirmed that the Taigun will arrive at the Indian market as a two-wheel drive version only.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is still unclear that it will be a 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit as seen on the T-Roc model.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The upcoming SUV is expected to come packed with safety features such as dual SRS airbags, traction control, and ABS with EBD; among others. The Taigun could also feature a blind-spot monitoring system along with a 360-degree camera for enhanced safety.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. The Taigun's competition will become more fierce as it will be having a rival coming from Skoda using same platform engine and other components.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Teaser Released Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun could be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company could offer the SUV in two engine and transmission options as well. Pricing of the Taigun will be the key factor to its success in the Indian market as it will be placed in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment.