- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports 75 Days for Tokyo: 'Staying focused on our mission despite the hurdles,' say India Captains Manpreet and Rani
- News CM Kejriwal extends Delhi lockdown till May 17 as cases spike: Know what will be shut
- Finance 2 High Rated Small Cap Funds That Gave 1-Year Returns Over 100%
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Volkswagen will be launching a new model called the Taigun in the Indian market. The company has teased the upcoming SUV via teaser video released on its official social media handle. The teaser video showcases the Taigun's various styling and design elements. It also reveals the launch timeline of the Taigun, which will be sometime in the middle of next year.
The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with other SUV models. The company has confirmed that the Taigun will arrive at the Indian market as a two-wheel drive version only.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is still unclear that it will be a 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit as seen on the T-Roc model.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The upcoming SUV is expected to come packed with safety features such as dual SRS airbags, traction control, and ABS with EBD; among others. The Taigun could also feature a blind-spot monitoring system along with a 360-degree camera for enhanced safety.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. The Taigun's competition will become more fierce as it will be having a rival coming from Skoda using same platform engine and other components.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Teaser Released Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun could be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company could offer the SUV in two engine and transmission options as well. Pricing of the Taigun will be the key factor to its success in the Indian market as it will be placed in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment.