- 6 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India At Rs 79.87 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Toyota Spare Parts Home Delivery Initiative Announced: Genuine Spares & Consumables Can Be Availed
- 15 hrs ago Revolt Electric Bike Bookings Reopen From June 18 In Six Cities: Here’s How To Book One
- 16 hrs ago Okinawa Scooter Prices Drop By Up To Rs 17,900: Here Are The New Model-Wise Price List
- Movies Super Dancer - Chapter 4 Judge Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s Wish Was Fulfilled When Kumar Sanu Sang Live
- Technology Amazon JBL Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Speakers, Earphones, And More
- Finance Fed Holds Interest Rates, Sees Faster Time Frame For Rate Hikes
- Sports Turkey 0-2 Wales: Bale misses penalty but sets up both goals in Group A thriller of Euro 2020
- News Sonia Gandhi took both doses of COVID vaccine, Rahul's jab delayed due to positive result: Congress
- Lifestyle Celebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
Volkswagen India has updated their official Indian website, now adding the all-new Taigun SUV to their lineup. The new Volkswagen Taigun SUV will be the brand's next model for the Indian market, first showcased earlier this year at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new Volkswagen Taigun will be part of the brand's MQB A0 IN platform, which features a heavily localised architecture, allowing the German car giant to keep production costs for the SUV in check.
Volkswagen updating their official Indian website, does indicate that the launch of the SUV could take place sometime soon. Although an exact timeline for the launch hasn't been announced, the SUV is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime during mid-2021. The website also doesn't mention any timeline, showcasing just the rear three-quarters of the SUV.
In terms of design, the new Volkswagen Taigun is said to feature LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, front grille with two horizontal-slats finished in chrome, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED tail lights connected by an LED strip, roof-mounted spoiler with a stop lamp, silver-finished roof rails, electric sunroof, silver elements on the bumpers and faux skid plates at both the front and rear.
Interiors of the Volkswagen Taigun will also come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with connected tech. The SUV will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fully-digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls, wireless charging, sporty all-black cabin with soft-touch material all around and a host of other equipment as well.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan will continue to be powered by the brand's TSI range of petrol engines, which power other models as well. We expect the Tiguan SUV could come powered by the 1.5-litre TSI petrol unit, mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Taigun SUV
The Volkswagen Taigun will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks Turbo and the likes. It will be interesting to see how the Tiguan will be priced in the Indian market.