- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 March 4 Highlights: Dhanushree, Shubha, Raghu, Vishwanath And Nirmala Get Nominated
- News Two observers to arrive in West Bengal today, oversee poll preparedness
- Sports Indian women’s hockey team end Germany tour with 1-2 defeat
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Volkswagen India has updated their official Indian website, now adding the all-new Taigun SUV to their lineup. The new Volkswagen Taigun SUV will be the brand's next model for the Indian market, first showcased earlier this year at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new Volkswagen Taigun will be part of the brand's MQB A0 IN platform, which features a heavily localised architecture, allowing the German car giant to keep production costs for the SUV in check.
Volkswagen updating their official Indian website, does indicate that the launch of the SUV could take place sometime soon. Although an exact timeline for the launch hasn't been announced, the SUV is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime during mid-2021. The website also doesn't mention any timeline, showcasing just the rear three-quarters of the SUV.
In terms of design, the new Volkswagen Taigun is said to feature LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, front grille with two horizontal-slats finished in chrome, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED tail lights connected by an LED strip, roof-mounted spoiler with a stop lamp, silver-finished roof rails, electric sunroof, silver elements on the bumpers and faux skid plates at both the front and rear.
Interiors of the Volkswagen Taigun will also come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with connected tech. The SUV will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fully-digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls, wireless charging, sporty all-black cabin with soft-touch material all around and a host of other equipment as well.
The new Volkswagen Tiguan will continue to be powered by the brand's TSI range of petrol engines, which power other models as well. We expect the Tiguan SUV could come powered by the 1.5-litre TSI petrol unit, mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Taigun SUV
The Volkswagen Taigun will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks Turbo and the likes. It will be interesting to see how the Tiguan will be priced in the Indian market.