- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Volkswagen India asked its fans to post questions about the upcoming Taigun SUV in the market. The company received many entries asking various details about the upcoming mid-size SUV in the Indian market.
Volkswagen answered the questions about the Taigun and revealed several details about the SUV. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with three other SUVs that will be launched in India over the next few years.
In one of the questions, the company has confirmed that the Taigun model showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo was near to production prototype model. The actual production model will be slightly different in design.
The Volkswagen Tiguan is slated to launch in India sometime during mid-2021. The Taigun will be built on the new MQB A0 IN platform, which has been specifically developed for the Indian market.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The Taigun is also expected to come packed with safety features such as dual SRS airbags, traction control, and ABS with EBD; among others. However, the company could also equip the Taigun with a blind-spot monitoring system along with a 360-degree camera for enhanced safety.
The company has confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is still unclear that it will be a 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit as seen on the T-Roc model. Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission options. It is also likely to be offered with a six-speed manual as well.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. However, the Taigun will have a direct competitor in the form of a Skoda SUV, that will be spawned using the same platform.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Answering Taigun Question From Indian Fans
Volkswagen is looking to keep the buzz going for its Taigun SUV launching next year in the Indian market. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will be placed between the Vento and the T-Roc SUV in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be filling the gap between both models in the brand's Indian line-up.