- 43 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 47 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports India vs Australia: India have quality player in Mayank Agarwal to replace Rohit Sharma: Aaron Finch
- News International flights to remain suspended till December 31, only selected flights allowed: DGCA
- Movies Meghan Markle Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage In July
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Volkswagen India asked its fans to post questions about the upcoming Taigun SUV in the market. The company received many entries asking various details about the upcoming mid-size SUV in the Indian market.
Volkswagen answered the questions about the Taigun and revealed several details about the SUV. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with three other SUVs that will be launched in India over the next few years.
In one of the questions, the company has confirmed that the Taigun model showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo was near to production prototype model. The actual production model will be slightly different in design.
The Volkswagen Tiguan is slated to launch in India sometime during mid-2021. The Taigun will be built on the new MQB A0 IN platform, which has been specifically developed for the Indian market.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The Taigun is also expected to come packed with safety features such as dual SRS airbags, traction control, and ABS with EBD; among others. However, the company could also equip the Taigun with a blind-spot monitoring system along with a 360-degree camera for enhanced safety.
The company has confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is still unclear that it will be a 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit as seen on the T-Roc model. Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission options. It is also likely to be offered with a six-speed manual as well.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. However, the Taigun will have a direct competitor in the form of a Skoda SUV, that will be spawned using the same platform.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Answering Taigun Question From Indian Fans
Volkswagen is looking to keep the buzz going for its Taigun SUV launching next year in the Indian market. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will be placed between the Vento and the T-Roc SUV in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be filling the gap between both models in the brand's Indian line-up.