- 16 min ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Lifestyle Sunny Leone Or Taapsee Pannu, Whose Outfit And Look We Liked More?
- Finance Axis Bank And Max Financial Services Sign Confidentiality Agreement
- Movies Rahul Dravid Watches Ramesh Aravind’s Shivaji Surathkal, Lauds The Film!
- News Namaste Trump will be similar to Howdy Modi: MEA
- Sports Golf: Strong mix of Indian and international challenge set for Indian Open 2020
- Technology Verizon Might Not Sell Pixel Phones From Pixel 4A Onwards
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
Volkswagen T-Roc crossover SUV unveiled at Auto Expo 2020. Volkswagen India has taken the wraps off the T-Roc crossover SUV for the Indian market at the ongoing Auto Expo 2020. According to the German brand, the T-Roc will come to the Indian market sometime during the first half of 2020.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the Volkswagen T-Roc has made its debut in the country. The T-Roc SUV will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). This means the brand will not be expecting mass-volume sales from the T-Roc from the Indian market.
It also translates to the fact that the T-Roc could be priced at a premium compared to its other rivals in the segment. Having said that, the company is said to be working on introducing the SUV at a price range of Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom; which is still cheaper than the Jeep Compass.
The Volkswagen T-Roc once introduced in the Indian market will be positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment. This includes rivals such as the MG Hector, Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos and the recently unveiled 2020 Hyundai Creta. Although, the T-Roc is slightly smaller in dimension compared to any of its rivals.
Being a CBU import, expect Volkswagen to bring in just a single variant of the T-Roc; fitted with all the bells and whistles. This includes a host of premium features, connected tech and safety equipment.
Powering the Volkswagen T-Roc will be a 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine, paired with a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Volkswagen is yet to officially announce the power and torque figures of the India-spec T-Roc SUV.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV Unveiled At Auto Expo 2020
The Volkswagen T-Roc is one of the most-awaited models to be brought in by the German brand to the Indian market. The T-Roc is part of Skoda Auto Volkswagen India's ‘India 2.0' project, under which the company is planning to aggressively introduce a number of new models in a coming couple of years.