- 25 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 17 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 18 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- News Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to make important announcement at 10 am
- Technology Dell Mobile Adapter Speakerphone Review: A Good Addition To Your Desk
- Lifestyle 8 Quick Hacks For Foundation That Is Too Dark For You
- Sports Johnson snares lead as Koepka looms large at US PGA Championship
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Motion Poster To Be Unveiled By Mahesh Babu And Team Today At 9.09 AM!
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Volkswagen T-Roc crossover SUV unveiled at Auto Expo 2020. Volkswagen India has taken the wraps off the T-Roc crossover SUV for the Indian market at the ongoing Auto Expo 2020. According to the German brand, the T-Roc will come to the Indian market sometime during the first half of 2020.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the Volkswagen T-Roc has made its debut in the country. The T-Roc SUV will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). This means the brand will not be expecting mass-volume sales from the T-Roc from the Indian market.
It also translates to the fact that the T-Roc could be priced at a premium compared to its other rivals in the segment. Having said that, the company is said to be working on introducing the SUV at a price range of Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom; which is still cheaper than the Jeep Compass.
The Volkswagen T-Roc once introduced in the Indian market will be positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment. This includes rivals such as the MG Hector, Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos and the recently unveiled 2020 Hyundai Creta. Although, the T-Roc is slightly smaller in dimension compared to any of its rivals.
Being a CBU import, expect Volkswagen to bring in just a single variant of the T-Roc; fitted with all the bells and whistles. This includes a host of premium features, connected tech and safety equipment.
Powering the Volkswagen T-Roc will be a 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine, paired with a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Volkswagen is yet to officially announce the power and torque figures of the India-spec T-Roc SUV.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV Unveiled At Auto Expo 2020
The Volkswagen T-Roc is one of the most-awaited models to be brought in by the German brand to the Indian market. The T-Roc is part of Skoda Auto Volkswagen India's ‘India 2.0' project, under which the company is planning to aggressively introduce a number of new models in a coming couple of years.