- 53 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- News Journalism student, gym owner from Pune arrested in ISIS case
- Sports KL Rahul posts an emotional message with his cricket gears on Instagram, gets more than 3 lakh likes
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Volkswagen is all set to launch the T-Roc SUV in the Indian market on the 18th of March, 2020. Ahead of its launch, Team-BHP has released images revealing the specs, features and colour options which will be made available on the mid-size SUV offering from the German brand.
As seen from the image, the new Volkswagen T-Roc once introduced in the Indian market will come powered by a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 150bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc SUV will have a top speed of 205km/h, with a 0 - 100km/h acceleration time of 8.4 seconds.
The image also reveals other details including some of the key features and safety equipment which will be on offer on the Volkswagen T-Roc. This includes LED lighting all around, including the headlamps, DRLs and taillights, leather upholstered seats and a fully-digital cockpit as well.
Safety features on the India-spec Volkswagen T-Roc: 6 airbags, ABS, ESP (Electronic Stability Control), TCS (Traction Control System), EDL (Electronic Differential Lock), MSR ( Motor Slip Regulation and Hill-Start Assist; to name a few.
Other information seen is the colour options, which could be available on the India-spec Volkswagen T-Roc. The image showcases a choice of six paint schemes including Deep Black Pearl, Curcuma Yellow/Black, Energetic Orange/Black, Pure White/Black, Ravenna Blue/Black and Indium Grey/Black.
Volkswagen T-Roc is the first product from the brand to be part of the company's ‘India 2.0' project with Skoda Auto. The T-Roc SUV will be part of Volkswagen's India-specific MQB A0 IN platform; a derivative of the global MQB A0 architecture.
The SUV will initially be imported into the Indian market via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. This means that the German carmaker will not be aiming at mass volume sales from the SUV in the country, translating to a premium pricing of the T-Roc in India.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV In India
The Volkswagen T-Roc is an important product for the brand in the Indian market, signalling the start of the ‘India 2.0' project. The partnership between the two brands will bring in a number of SUVs into the country over the course of 2020-21.
The Volkswagen T-Roc itself once launched will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Tucson in the country. Expect the German brand to price the T-Roc SUV somewhere around the Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom price range.