- 19 min ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 41 min ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 2 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Warner Bros. To Release Entire 2021 Slate On HBO MAX: The Matrix 4, Dune, The Conjuring & More
- Lifestyle 12 Protein-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- News Delhi's air pollution situation remains serious despite stopping stubble burning: Javadekar
- Sports India vs Australia 1st T20I: Toss report and playing XI details
- Finance Travel Stocks Zoom Up To 16% On Covid 19 Vaccine Optimism
- Technology Oppo Reno5 Tipped To Feature Luminous Materials To Enhance Recognition
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Volkswagen Motorsport India will be conducting its 2020 racing season in India, virtually due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Organizers have announced the line-up for the inaugural Volkswagen Virtual Racing Championship with 28 participants onboard for the calendar.
The organizers of the virtual racing event have also stated strict safety protocols while replicating virtually, the on-ground experience of the ‘one-make series'. The VW-VRC will offer a unique experience to all the participants to hone their racing skills and compete in the championship at the comfort of their homes, via simulators.
The first round of the inaugural VW-VRC will be held on 21st November 2020. The opening season of the Volkswagen Virtual Racing Championship consists of 5 rounds with 2 races per round. 28 participants will fight to take the top spot to receive sponsorship by Volkswagen Motorsport India (VMI), to compete in the upcoming Volkswagen Polo Championship 2021.
Individual rounds will further consist of three practice sessions, one qualifying session and two races. The grid for the first race will be formed the basis of the qualifying session. However, the grid for the second race, the top 12 contenders finishing in the first race will be reversed for the start of the second race. Also, the format for a points system for the VW-VRC will remain as the real-world Polo Championship.
Volkswagen Motorsport India aims to keep the motorsport momentum moving, by recreating the thrill of a track experience in the Virtual Racing Championship. With this initiative, VMI intends to provide a platform for all the racing enthusiasts, by spotting and nurturing young talents and further accentuating their racing career.
To make it a fair platform, VMI is making sure participants have access to data from the game to help them analyze and improve their driving skills. It also aims to safeguard the interest of all the participants and their teams by following all the safety precautions.
Additionally, VMI has announced that it will take strict actions against the participants who show unsportsmanlike behaviour by breaking the rules or disregard the safety protocols during the length of the championship.
Commenting on the occasion, Sirish Vissa, Head of Volkswagen Motorsport India said, "We would like to congratulate all the 28 participants and wish them luck for the championship. The VW-VRC is our responsible prospect to touch base with scores of motorsport followers from across the world. Bringing the virtual racing format for the first time in India, we are confident that the championship will receive the same positive response as our track competition."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Racing Championship Going Virtual In India Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Like most motorsports events, the Indian racing calendar has also taken a hit due to the pandemic with most events getting cancelled or postponed. However, this has not stopped organizers from keeping the participants engaged, as they take the event virtual for an inaugural season.