- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Volkswagen India has introduced the new BS6-compliant Polo and Vento models in the market. The new Volkswagen Polo and Vento BS6 models now come with a starting price of Rs 5.82 lakh and Rs 8.82 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here are the variant-wise prices of the new BS6-compliant Volkswagen Polo and Vento models:
|Volkswagen Polo 1.0l MPI 6 MT||INR 5.82 – 7.80 Lakh||TL, CL & HL+|
|Volkswagen Polo 1.0l TSI 6 MT & 6 AT||INR 8.02 – 9.59 Lakh||HL+ & GT|
|Volkswagen Vento 1.0L TSI 6 MT||INR 8.86 – 11.99 Lakh||TL, CL, HL & HL+|
|Volkswagen Vento 1.0L TSI 6 AT||INR 12.09 – 13.29 Lakh||HL & HL+|
Volkswagen has also introduced the Polo and Vento models with a new BS6-compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The new smaller displacement engine is said to offer better fuel efficiency while also being the most powerful motors in the segment.
The 1.0-litre petrol engine is offered in both TSI and MPi technology and is part of Volkswagen's EA211 family. The new 1.0-litre engine replaces the older 1.2-litre unit and now produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque.
It comes mated to either a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Higher variants of the Polo and Vento now also get a new six-speed automatic transmission unit, which replaces the seven-speed DSG gearbox from the previous models.
According to Volkswagen, the new 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine offers high power drivability, better performance, improved fuel efficiency and is also a more sustainable engine option for the future.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passengers Cars stated:
"Volkswagen is always committed to bring in the best of technology for its customers in India while being conscious of its carbon footprint. We are proud to introduce our BS6 variants of the Polo and Vento, which comprises of the MPI engine and Volkswagen's award-winning TSI technology."
He further added, "In accordance with the Indian government norms, Volkswagen India announces a 100% transformation to a BS6 product portfolio. The carlines continue to be accessible for the Indian customers with no major price difference across the Polo & Vento carlines."
The new Volkswagen Vento and Polo models continue to be offered in a range of variants. This includes Trendline, Comfortline, Highline and Highline Plus. The BS6 compliant Volkswagen Polo also includes the GT-Line as the top-spec variant.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Polo & Vento BS6 Models Launched In India
Volkswagen India has updated the Polo and Vento models in the Indian market with a new BS6-compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The two models continue to offer all the same features and equipment as before, while also taking on the same rivals in their respective segments as well.