- 37 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Technology Realme X3 SuperZoom Teaser Reveals Snapdragon 855+ Chipset Ahead Of Launch
- Sports Clubs forced to rethink recruitment strategy as virus impacts transfer market
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Volkswagen has revealed the mileage figures of their recently updated Polo hatchback in the Indian market. The new Volkswagen Polo was updated recently to make it compliant with the new stringent BS6 emission norms in the country. The 2020 Volkswagen Polo is offered with a starting price of Rs 5.83 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Volkswagen updated the new Polo hatchback with a brand new set of engines, compliant with the BS6 emission norms. The new Polo now comes powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit, which replaces the previous 1.2-litre four-cylinder offering.
The new 1.0-litre three-cylinder is further offered in two versions: a naturally-aspirated MPi unit or as a turbocharged TSI variant. The 1.0-litre MPi unit produces 76bhp and 95Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
The 1.0-litre TSI version, on the other hand, churns out 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a new six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Volkswagen has also removed the seven-speed DSG automatic transmission from the Polo's lineup.
Talking about the mileage figures for the new engines. The 1.0-litre MPi unit returns a fuel efficiency figure of 17.75km/l while the TSI unit with the six-speed manual returns a slightly higher 18.24km/l. All fuel-efficiency figures mentioned are ARAI-certified.
Comparing this to its rivals, the Volkswagen Polo offers the lowest mileage figures in the segment. The 1.0-litre MPi engine is also the lowest on power figures as well. Among its competitors, Ford Figo offers the highest performance figures of 96bhp and 120Nm of torque. While the Maruti Swift returns the highest mileage of around 21km/l.
Volkswagen is, however, yet to announce the mileage figures of its 1.0-litre TSI with the six-speed automatic transmission. Among its rivals, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is the only model which also has a turbo-petrol offering. Hyundai is yet to announce the mileage figures of their NIOS turbo model, although in terms of power figures, the Polo is higher by 10bhp and 3Nm of torque.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo BS6 Petrol Mileage Figures
Volkswagen updated the Polo to the latest emission norms recently. The Polo is the entry-level model to the German brand in the Indian market and is popular among driving enthusiasts, especially the GT version.