- 2 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 10 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports Ranji Trophy Semi-finals: Gujarat take on Saurashtra in 'clash of equals'
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestant Chaitra Kottoor Opens Up About Hosting Shantham Paapam
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The all-new 2020 Volkswagen Passat BS6 has been spotted testing again, ahead of its India launch. Spy pics that were taken reveal a Passat BS6 test model sans camouflage.
Spy pics of the upcoming 2020 VW Passat BS6 also reveal minor design changes to the exteriors. The sedan now features a new front bumper, a new grille with horizontal slats, and the IQ Light LED Matrix headlamps.
The Passat BS6 also features a new tail lamp cluster design, a redesigned Passat logo that is spread across the width of the boot. The upcoming Volkswagen sedan also features 17-inch alloy wheels, and the company could offer 18-inch and 19-inch wheels as an optional.
While spy pics taken by Rushlane do not reveal changes made to the interiors, but expectations are that the 2020 Passat BS6 model will feature new upholstery.
In addition, the interiors will feature the latest MIB3 based infotainment, integrated internet connectivity, an all new digital cockpit, and a capacitive steering wheel - a Volkswagen first.
The upcoming 2020 Passat BS6 will also be compatible with select Samsung smartphones that can be used as a mobile key to lock and unlock the car, and can also be used to fire up the engine.
Safety features on the new VW Passat BS6 are expected to include several driver assistance systems, a forward collision warning system, an autonomous emergency braking system, a pedestrian monitoring system, a rear traffic alert system, adaptive cruise control, and lane keeping assist.
The current-generation of BS4 compliant VW Passat sedans feature a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 174bhp of power and 350Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The Passat BS6 model will feature a 2.0-litre TSI, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 187bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The current-generation VW Passat is priced between Rs 25.99 lakh and Rs 33.22 lakh, and we expect the 2020 BS6 complaint models to carry a premium of between Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The 2020 Volkswagen Passat BS6 Spotted Testing
Spy pics of the model that was spotted testing shows faux weights used at all passenger seats. This means the company is almost ready to launch the 2020 Passat BS6. We're happy to hear that the upcoming model is more powerful than the outgoing model, and we cannot wait to test drive the car.