- 51 min ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- News Gujarat BJP MP Abhay Bharadwaj dies during COVID-19 treatment; PM Modi expresses grief
- Technology Tata Sky Offering Discounts On Long Term Broadband Plans
- Movies Money Heist: Netflix To Make Korean Version Of The Hit Spanish Series
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni among Yahoo's List Of Most Searched Personalities in 2020
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms
- Finance LPG Cylinder Booking Via WhatsApp And SMS: Know The Process
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Volkswagen is the latest brand in the Indian market to announce the start of online sales and services. The shift to online car purchasing ensures safety, comfort and convenience to its customers, especially during the coronavirus pandemic.
Volkswagen India stated that the new online sales and service program will allow customers to experience the entire process of purchasing a car virtually. This includes exploring all the options, booking the preferred model and making all the payments securely online.
Customers will also receive the option of having their vehicles delivered to their customers. Dealer representatives will ensure all the sanitisation processes are followed strictly, before handing over the car to the customer.
Volkswagen also announced that they have integrated its entire 137 sales and 116 service touchpoints. This allows customers to check-in to the Volkswagen India website and chooses their preferred services.
Existing customers can also use the online platform to book their service time slots at preferred touchpoints. Customers can fill in their personal details and requirements and even take advantage of Volkswagen vehicle pick-up and drop services as well.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
"At Volkswagen, digitalization has been the core principle of our strategies. With the launch of our simple, secure and user-friendly online retail platform, we are pushing the boundaries of end-to-end retail sales and strengthening our commitment to customers. We aim to provide our customers with the flexibility in choosing their preferred Volkswagen product through a contactless channel."
Volkswagen is currently looking to resume operations in India once the lockdown period comes to an end on the 3rd of May, 2020. The company will begin deliveries of the newly introduced Tiguan AllSpace and the T-Roc SUV offerings in the Indian market.
The Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace is a seven-seater SUV which replaces its smaller five-seater sibling, the Tiguan. The Volkswagen T-Roc, however, is a brand new SUV, part of the brand's new ‘India 2.0' project.
Thoughts On The New Online Sales & Service Program By Volkswagen India
Volkswagen is the latest brand to introduce online sales and services in the Indian market. Bookings for Volkswagen's entire product portfolio is open online, with deliveries said to commence post the lockdown period across India.