- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Volkswagen India has announced an extended warranty scheme, and service packages for its customers. The company is offering these maintenance packages to its customers during the current Coronavirus outbreak In order to make life a whole lot easier.
As is, customers cannot take their cars to the service centre due to the complete lockdown in the country. The company has announced ‘Extended Warranty' and ‘Service Value Packages' to help those customers whose vehicle's warranty and free service period will expire during the lockdown period.
Various schemes and offers have been announced by the company to its customers. Here are all the details:
For VW Customers With Valid Standard Warranty
Customers whose Standard Warranty is due to expire between March 22 and mid-May 2020 can now avail special support up to July 31, 2020. This means that VW customers can get their vehicles repaired as per standard warranty with zero cost added for repairs from the company. The service is being offered to customers as a goodwill gesture.
VW Customers Looking To Purchase Extended Warranty
The company has also announced an optional Extended Warranty package for its customers. VW owners can now purchase an extended warranty package for up to 60 days after their Standard Warranty expires. This will help customers whose Standard Warranty is due to expire between March 22 and April 15, 2020.
For VW Customers With Valid Extended Warranty
Existing VW owners who have extended warranty on their cars which is due to expire between March 22 and April 15, 2020, are also supported by the company. These customers can visit any authorized workshop across the country until May 15, 2020 for any repairs covered under the extended warranty policy.
Service Value Package (SVP) For VW Customers
All VW owners with a valid SVP and whose maintenance is due during between March and April 2020, can continue to avail the services till 31st July 2020, at no extra costs across Volkswagen authorized workshops. Also, the company is offering extended support until July 31, 2020, to customers whose welcome (free) and paid maintenance services are due during the lockdown period.
Speaking about situation, Mr Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, said,
"Volkswagen is exercising all the necessary measures and precautions to contain the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have been adhering to all the directions as indicated by the Government of India. We understand this tough situation and would like to ensure peace of mind to our customers with extended service support. We would like to reassure them that their Volkswagen car is safe and all services will be provided as applicable. Together, we will emerge stronger."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen's Extended Warranty And Service Packages Announced During The Covid-19 Outbreak
Volkswagen India is now on the list of companies in the country that have taken various initiatives and announced service packages for its customers. This will certainly be one less worry for VW owners as they self quarantine themselves to fight the deadly virus.