- 15 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has announced an extension of the validity of all vehicle documents across India yet again. The ministry has revised the deadline to 31st March 2021 as part of the steps taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
MoRTH has also issued a directory to all States and Union Territories administration, regarding the same. As per the notification, all vehicle documents including Driving License (DL), Vehicle Registrations (RCs), Permits and others will be valid till the end of March 2021.
This is the fourth instance of extensions provided by MoRTH towards the validity of the documents. The ministry had previously extended the validity deadline in March, June and August 2020, with the previous deadline being set to 31st December.
The fourth extension now translates to all documents related to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Act 1989, expired after February 2020 and before March 2021 will be considered valid till the new deadline.
As per the advisory, the extension of the validity of the above-mentioned documents will help citizens maintain social distancing, preventing the spread of COVID-19. It will also help citizens in availing transport-related services.
The advisory stated,
"Taking into consideration the need to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is further advised that the validity of all of the above-referred documents may be treated to be valid till 31st March 2021. This covers all documents whose validity has expired since 1st Feb 2020 or would expire by 31st March 2021."
"Enforcement authorities are advised to treat such documents valid till 31st of March 2021. This will help out citizens in availing transport-related services while maintaining social distancing."
Thoughts On The Vehicle Documents Validity Being Extended Yet Again
The ministry (MoRTH) isn't taking any chances with the safety of citizens amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. With the situation yet to get back to normal, the ministry has decided to extend the validity of vehicle documents yet again, which is a good step to ensure prevention of COVID-19 spread.