- 3 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 20 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 21 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- News R Madhavan tests negative for COVID-19, says all fit and fine now
- Sports IPL 2021: Time to move on from Australia, says Prithvi Shaw
- Movies Salman Khan, Mahesh Babu, And Prithviraj Sukumaran Come Together To Launch The Teaser Of Major
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has announced an extension of the validity of all vehicle documents across India yet again. The ministry has revised the deadline to 31st March 2021 as part of the steps taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
MoRTH has also issued a directory to all States and Union Territories administration, regarding the same. As per the notification, all vehicle documents including Driving License (DL), Vehicle Registrations (RCs), Permits and others will be valid till the end of March 2021.
This is the fourth instance of extensions provided by MoRTH towards the validity of the documents. The ministry had previously extended the validity deadline in March, June and August 2020, with the previous deadline being set to 31st December.
The fourth extension now translates to all documents related to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Act 1989, expired after February 2020 and before March 2021 will be considered valid till the new deadline.
As per the advisory, the extension of the validity of the above-mentioned documents will help citizens maintain social distancing, preventing the spread of COVID-19. It will also help citizens in availing transport-related services.
The advisory stated,
"Taking into consideration the need to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is further advised that the validity of all of the above-referred documents may be treated to be valid till 31st March 2021. This covers all documents whose validity has expired since 1st Feb 2020 or would expire by 31st March 2021."
"Enforcement authorities are advised to treat such documents valid till 31st of March 2021. This will help out citizens in availing transport-related services while maintaining social distancing."
Thoughts On The Vehicle Documents Validity Being Extended Yet Again
The ministry (MoRTH) isn't taking any chances with the safety of citizens amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. With the situation yet to get back to normal, the ministry has decided to extend the validity of vehicle documents yet again, which is a good step to ensure prevention of COVID-19 spread.