- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 15 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 16 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has announced an extension of the validity of all vehicle documents across India yet again. The ministry has revised the deadline to 31st March 2021 as part of the steps taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
MoRTH has also issued a directory to all States and Union Territories administration, regarding the same. As per the notification, all vehicle documents including Driving License (DL), Vehicle Registrations (RCs), Permits and others will be valid till the end of March 2021.
This is the fourth instance of extensions provided by MoRTH towards the validity of the documents. The ministry had previously extended the validity deadline in March, June and August 2020, with the previous deadline being set to 31st December.
The fourth extension now translates to all documents related to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Act 1989, expired after February 2020 and before March 2021 will be considered valid till the new deadline.
As per the advisory, the extension of the validity of the above-mentioned documents will help citizens maintain social distancing, preventing the spread of COVID-19. It will also help citizens in availing transport-related services.
The advisory stated,
"Taking into consideration the need to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is further advised that the validity of all of the above-referred documents may be treated to be valid till 31st March 2021. This covers all documents whose validity has expired since 1st Feb 2020 or would expire by 31st March 2021."
"Enforcement authorities are advised to treat such documents valid till 31st of March 2021. This will help out citizens in availing transport-related services while maintaining social distancing."
Thoughts On The Vehicle Documents Validity Being Extended Yet Again
The ministry (MoRTH) isn't taking any chances with the safety of citizens amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. With the situation yet to get back to normal, the ministry has decided to extend the validity of vehicle documents yet again, which is a good step to ensure prevention of COVID-19 spread.