- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The government has extended the validity of vehicle documents yet again in the country. The validity of vehicle documents such as driving licence, registration certificates and fitness certificate has now been extended till the end of September because of the pandemic, which has affected operations.
The Union Road Transport & Highway Ministry made an official announcement to the same effect recently. Following the official communication, Minister Nitin Gadkari has also sent out an advisory to all states and union territories across the country.
The advisory confirms that the validity of all vehicle documents which expired between the 1st of February and the 31st of May has been extended. This is the second such extension offered by the government for the vehicle documents. The Ministry had previously announced the extension of the document validity until the end of July 2020.
The official statement stated, "Considering the situation for prevention of Covid-19 still continues, and as per the requests received, Shri Gadkari directed his Ministry to issue advice for extension of this period till 30th Sept for treating the documents valid for enforcement purposes."
The statement also asked all states and Union Territories to consider provisions under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, towards the relaxation in requirement of permits, fees, tax, or penalty. The statement said that these relaxations will further ensure people are provided relief during these unprecedented times of a pandemic outbreak.
The government of India, under the order of PM Narendra Modi announced a complete nationwide lockdown, starting from the 24th of March. This lockdown shut down all public and private businesses and operations, bringing the entire country to a halt.
This lockdown was extended multiple times until mid-May 2020, post which the government has issued multiple relaxations in lockdown regulations. The lockdown also shut down government offices as well, which was one of the reasons for the extension of the validity and renewal of documents in the country.
Thoughts On The Extension Of The Validity Of Vehicle Documents In India
The extension of vehicle documents validity will ensure people have enough time for renewal. With India now slowly moving out of a lockdown period, with the restart of multiple businesses, the government wants to ensure all the safety protocols are being maintained across the country.