- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Starrer Good Luck Jerry’s Shoot Disrupted By Protestors In Patiala
- Sports Eden Hazard's story at Real Madrid so far
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The government has extended the validity of vehicle documents yet again in the country. The validity of vehicle documents such as driving licence, registration certificates and fitness certificate has now been extended till the end of September because of the pandemic, which has affected operations.
The Union Road Transport & Highway Ministry made an official announcement to the same effect recently. Following the official communication, Minister Nitin Gadkari has also sent out an advisory to all states and union territories across the country.
The advisory confirms that the validity of all vehicle documents which expired between the 1st of February and the 31st of May has been extended. This is the second such extension offered by the government for the vehicle documents. The Ministry had previously announced the extension of the document validity until the end of July 2020.
The official statement stated, "Considering the situation for prevention of Covid-19 still continues, and as per the requests received, Shri Gadkari directed his Ministry to issue advice for extension of this period till 30th Sept for treating the documents valid for enforcement purposes."
The statement also asked all states and Union Territories to consider provisions under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, towards the relaxation in requirement of permits, fees, tax, or penalty. The statement said that these relaxations will further ensure people are provided relief during these unprecedented times of a pandemic outbreak.
The government of India, under the order of PM Narendra Modi announced a complete nationwide lockdown, starting from the 24th of March. This lockdown shut down all public and private businesses and operations, bringing the entire country to a halt.
This lockdown was extended multiple times until mid-May 2020, post which the government has issued multiple relaxations in lockdown regulations. The lockdown also shut down government offices as well, which was one of the reasons for the extension of the validity and renewal of documents in the country.
Thoughts On The Extension Of The Validity Of Vehicle Documents In India
The extension of vehicle documents validity will ensure people have enough time for renewal. With India now slowly moving out of a lockdown period, with the restart of multiple businesses, the government wants to ensure all the safety protocols are being maintained across the country.