- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
BMW will become the first carmaker to enable its customers to use the iPhone as a fully digital car key. This was announced at the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference. BMW was the first to integrate an iPod in their vehicles, then the first to offer wireless CarPlay and now it is the first brand to introduce the fully digital car key system.
The Apple car key will be introduced as a new feature on iOS 14 and the first vehicle to support this feature will be the 2021 BMW 5 series. This new feature will enable customers to unlock the vehicle and easily by just a tap. After entering the car, the iPhone should be placed in the smartphone tray and then the vehicle can be switched on by pressing the start button.
This digital key can be set up on the phone through the BMW Smartphone App. Moreover, the owner can share access with up to 5 friends. The app also allows configuring the car settings for young drivers which restricts top speed, horsepower, maximum radio volume and many more. Management of access can be done from inside the car as well as through Apple Wallet and the Digital key is also compatible with the Apple Watch.
BMW announced that the Digital Key for iPhone will be made available in 45 countries. The feature will be available on models like the 1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 8 Series, X5, X6, X7, X5M, X6M and Z4 if the vehicle has been manufactured post-July 1 this year.
Apple and BMW have been working closely with the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) to press ahead with the establishment of global standards. The Digital Key specification 2.0 for NFC was released in May 2020 while, on the other hand, the next generation of Digital Key using Ultra-Wideband technology is already in progress.
In other recent BMW news, the company unveiled the 2021 M5 saloon facelift for the global market. The BMW M5 is offered in a range of two variants: Standard and Competition. Both models now come with a host of significant updates compared to its predecessors.
Thoughts About The Digital Car Key For BMW
Through this Digital Car Key system, it will be really convenient for people to head out with their vehicles without getting worried about the keys.