- 4 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports ISL 2020-21: East Bengal vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Krishna, Manvir help ATKMB triumph in historic derby
- News Time for KCR, TRS regime to go: JP Nadda
- Movies KBC 12: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question Related To Slumdog Millionaire That Stumped Ankush Sharma?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
BMW will become the first carmaker to enable its customers to use the iPhone as a fully digital car key. This was announced at the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference. BMW was the first to integrate an iPod in their vehicles, then the first to offer wireless CarPlay and now it is the first brand to introduce the fully digital car key system.
The Apple car key will be introduced as a new feature on iOS 14 and the first vehicle to support this feature will be the 2021 BMW 5 series. This new feature will enable customers to unlock the vehicle and easily by just a tap. After entering the car, the iPhone should be placed in the smartphone tray and then the vehicle can be switched on by pressing the start button.
This digital key can be set up on the phone through the BMW Smartphone App. Moreover, the owner can share access with up to 5 friends. The app also allows configuring the car settings for young drivers which restricts top speed, horsepower, maximum radio volume and many more. Management of access can be done from inside the car as well as through Apple Wallet and the Digital key is also compatible with the Apple Watch.
BMW announced that the Digital Key for iPhone will be made available in 45 countries. The feature will be available on models like the 1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 8 Series, X5, X6, X7, X5M, X6M and Z4 if the vehicle has been manufactured post-July 1 this year.
Apple and BMW have been working closely with the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) to press ahead with the establishment of global standards. The Digital Key specification 2.0 for NFC was released in May 2020 while, on the other hand, the next generation of Digital Key using Ultra-Wideband technology is already in progress.
In other recent BMW news, the company unveiled the 2021 M5 saloon facelift for the global market. The BMW M5 is offered in a range of two variants: Standard and Competition. Both models now come with a host of significant updates compared to its predecessors.
Thoughts About The Digital Car Key For BMW
Through this Digital Car Key system, it will be really convenient for people to head out with their vehicles without getting worried about the keys.