- 22 min ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spotted Testing Once Again: Here Are All the Details!
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Smart Finance Now Available For Arena Customers: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Top-selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India In December 2020: Hero MotoCorp & Honda Continue To Dominate
- 4 hrs ago New Jawa Forty-Two Spied Testing With New Features Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- News I will contest from Nandigram: Mamata’s big announcement ahead of Bengal polls
- Movies The Kashmir Files: Is Director Vivek Agnihotri In Trouble Because Of His Film?
- Finance Top 10 Banks That Offer The Cheapest Interest Rates On Car Loans
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Is A Vision To Behold In Her Classy And Regal Pastel Ensemble And Golden Kaftan Jacket
- Technology Asus ROG Phone Live Images Revealed Rear Design
- Sports India vs Australia 4th Test: Know weather at Brisbane on Tuesday as India chase 328 for historic win
- Education CSEET Result 2021: How To Check ICSI CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET January 2020 Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
Toyota had announced earlier that they will be increasing the prices for a couple of vehicles in its portfolio. This includes their current flagship model the Vellfire MPV in the Indian market. The MPV has received a price increase of Rs 4 lakh.
The company has stated that the reason behind the price hike is due to the rise in exchange rates. The increase in exchange prices will have an adverse effect on the models that are being brought into the Indian shores via the (CBU) Completely Built Route as it attracts higher import taxes, which will increase the pricing and in turn the exchange amount as well.
The company had launched the Vellfire premium luxury MPV in the India market back in February 2020. It retailed for Rs 79.50 lakh. However, after the recent price increase, the MPV now retails at a starting price of Rs 83.50 lakh. The Vellfire is currently available in a single trim option called ‘Executive Lounge'. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Toyota has seen a substantial increase in demand for the Vellfire MPV since its launch earlier this year. The company reported that it sold 49 units of its flagship MPV during last month. They also reported that the first three shipments of the Vellfire are sold out in the country.
The Vellfire is powered by a 2.5-litre hybrid petrol engine. It produces a maximum power of 115bhp at 4700rpm and 198Nm of peak torque between 2800rpm and 4000rpm. The engine comes mated to an e-CVT transmission.
The highlight of the MPV's powertrain is that it also features two electric motors that are mounted at either end on the axles. The motor at the front churns out 115kW of power at 4800rpm, while the motor on the rear produces 50kW at 4608rpm. The setup makes for an electronic 4WD.
The Vellfire returns a claimed mileage of 16.35km/l, which is exceptional considering the size of the vehicle. Speaking of size, the MPV's dimension read as 4,935 mm in length, 1,850 mm in width and stands 1,895 mm tall with a wheelbase length of 3,000 mm. The Vellfire features a ground clearance of 165mm.
The Vellfire comes loaded with features inside and out. The MPV offers a premium look with an abundance use of chromes across the vehicle. While on the inside, it comes with a host of features that will cocoon the passengers with comfort and safety.
Some of the highlighted features include LED headlamps, LED tail-lamps, a large bumper design, 17-inch hyper chrome alloy wheels, a small roof spoiler, power-operated reclining leather seats with ventilated and massage functions, three-zone climate control system.
It also features a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system at the front, roof-integrated 13-inch entertainment screen with Wi-Fi support at the rear, power-sliding doors, dual sunroof, 17-speaker JBL audio system, and seven airbags; among others.
Toyota is offering the Vellfire with a host of paint schemes to choose from. This includes Burning White, Pearl White, Graphite and Black. The MPV primarily rivals the Mercedes-Benz V-Class in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Toyota Vellfire Price Increase Announced
The Vellfire MPV is targeted towards a niche audience who are looking for a luxury MPV with all the creature comforts. However, due to the increase in exchange rates, the company is forced to hike the pricing of the Vellfire. Whether it will result in the change in rising demand for the MPV in the country remains to be seen.