- 35 min ago Tata HBX Interiors Spied Revealing New Details Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 41 min ago Mercedes-Benz EQS Luxury Electric Vehicle Revealed: The New Standard For Luxurious EVs?
- 1 hr ago Honda Cars India Recall Campaign Extended Over Possible Faulty Fuel Pump: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Cars Prices Increased On Select Models: Here Are All Details
- News 'Strong evidence' coronavirus predominantly spreads through air: Lancet study
- Movies Ritesh Sidhwani Meets Lieutenant Governor Of Jammu And Kashmir; Calls It An 'Absolute Honour'
- Technology Banned On WhatsApp Unexpectedly? This Could Be The Reason
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: Toss report: MS Dhoni plays 200th game for Chennai Super Kings, opts to bowl
- Lifestyle Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- Education JEE Main 2021: Students Demand Postponement Of JEE Main After CBSE Class 12 Board Exam
- Finance SBI Customers Can Now Convert Their Purchase Into EMI Starting From Rs 52, Here's How
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Toyota Vellfire is the brand's flagship model in the country. It was officially launched back in February 2020. According to the recent sales report from the company, 49 unit of the Vellfire was sold in June.
The MPV has seen a steady increase in demand in the India market. Even before it was launched, it had attracted a lot of attention from potential buyer across the country. The company even reported at the time of launch that the first three shipments were sold out.
The Vellfire arrives in India shores at (CBUs) Completely Built Units. Because of this, the MPV comes with a hefty price tag and retails at Rs 79.50 lakh (ex-showroom). The MPV is slotted well above the brand's popular MPV, the Innova Crysta.
Toyota is offering the Vellfire with a host of paint schemes to choose from. This includes Burning White, Pearl White, Graphite and Black. The Vellfire is currently available in a single trim option called ‘Executive Lounge'. It primarily competes against the Mercedes-Benz V-Class in the Indian market.
Speaking about the Vellfire's powertrain, the MPV features a 2.5-litre hybrid petrol engine. It produces a maximum power of 115bhp at 4,700rpm and 198Nm of peak torque between 2,800 and 4,000rpm. The engine comes mated to an e-CVT transmission.
It also features two electric motors that are mounted at either end on the axles. The motor at the front churns out 115kW of power at 4,800rpm, while the motor on the rear produces 50kW at 4,608rpm; making it an electronic 4WD. The company claims the Vellfire to return a mileage of 16.35km/l.
The MPV's dimension read as 4,935 mm in length, 1,850 mm in width and stands 1,895 mm tall with a wheelbase length of 3,000 mm. The Vellfire features a ground clearance of 165mm.
The Vellfire features LED headlamps, LED tail-lamps, a large bumper design with an abundance use of chrome across the MPV. The Vellfire also features a 17-inch hyper chrome alloy wheels. In addition to this there a small roof spoiler adding to the premium look of the Vellfire.
On the inside, the Vellfire offers top-notch luxury with a host of features, which are mainly oriented towards the rear passengers. This includes power-operated reclining leather seats with ventilated and massage functions, a fold-out table for each seat, three-zone climate control system, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system at the front and another roof-integrated 13-inch entertainment screen with Wi-Fi support at the rear.
It also features power-sliding doors, dual sunroof, 17-speaker JBL audio system, a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and seven airbags; among others.
Thoughts About The Toyota Selling 49 Units Of Vellfire In June
The Toyota Vellfire is placed very high in the price bracket targeting a niche audience. The MPV offers best of performance, luxury and efficiency. Combining this with Toyota's reliability, the Vellfire appeals to a larger audience. The current market trend of favouring SUVs and MPVs higher up the price bracket has also helped with an increase in demand.