- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Toyota Kirloskar Motors India (TKM) has released the first official teaser of their upcoming Urban Cruiser SUV. The all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the brand's first sub-4-metre compact-SUV offering and is expected to go on sale in the Indian market soon.
Toyota has confirmed that ‘Urban Cruiser' will be the nameplate of its upcoming model, which is also said to be their first-ever compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser has been scheduled to go on sale in India during the year's festive season, which will start in the next couple of months.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser nameplate has been inspired by the brand's iconic ‘Land Cruiser' name. The compact-SUV is also the second product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership India, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
This means that the Urban Cruiser underneath is essentially the Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, unlike the Toyota Glanza, the Urban Cruiser is expected to receive some significant design and cosmetic changes to help it stand out in the Indian market.
Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Services, TKM, said,
"We are very excited to announce our plans to launch the Toyota Urban Cruiser this festive season. With a customer-first approach, TKM has always endeavoured to fulfil the aspirations of its customers with the timely introduction of new products and the Toyota Urban Cruiser is another such effort to satisfy the evolving customer needs."
"Also, we hope that the Urban Cruiser gives us an opportunity to welcome a new set of customers who not only aspire to own a Toyota SUV early in life, but would also like to experience Toyota's global standards of sales & after-sales services. We will share more details about the car and the launch in the days to come."
While no other information has been released officially at this point. We expect the Toyota Urban Cruiser to carry forward the same 1.5-litre K15 Series petrol engine from the Maruti Vitara Brezza.
The power and torque figures are also said to be identical, as well as the transmission options. This includes a five-speed manual and a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. The Toyota Urban Cruiser could also carry forward smart mild-hybrid technology as well.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the brand's first-ever compact-SUV in the Indian market, targeted towards young customers and cater to the growing demands for SUVs in India.
Once launched in India, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser will be priced competitively and rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.