- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Movies Vikas Gupta Slams Media For Following Deepika Padukone’s Car; Says ‘It Seems You’ll Are High’
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 7: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals: Predicted XI, Head to head record, India timing, live streamin
- Technology LG Wing Teardown Video Reveals Key Details: Best Dual Screen Phone?
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Toyota Kirloskar Motors India (TKM) has released the first official teaser of their upcoming Urban Cruiser SUV. The all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the brand's first sub-4-metre compact-SUV offering and is expected to go on sale in the Indian market soon.
Toyota has confirmed that ‘Urban Cruiser' will be the nameplate of its upcoming model, which is also said to be their first-ever compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser has been scheduled to go on sale in India during the year's festive season, which will start in the next couple of months.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser nameplate has been inspired by the brand's iconic ‘Land Cruiser' name. The compact-SUV is also the second product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership India, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
This means that the Urban Cruiser underneath is essentially the Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, unlike the Toyota Glanza, the Urban Cruiser is expected to receive some significant design and cosmetic changes to help it stand out in the Indian market.
Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Services, TKM, said,
"We are very excited to announce our plans to launch the Toyota Urban Cruiser this festive season. With a customer-first approach, TKM has always endeavoured to fulfil the aspirations of its customers with the timely introduction of new products and the Toyota Urban Cruiser is another such effort to satisfy the evolving customer needs."
"Also, we hope that the Urban Cruiser gives us an opportunity to welcome a new set of customers who not only aspire to own a Toyota SUV early in life, but would also like to experience Toyota's global standards of sales & after-sales services. We will share more details about the car and the launch in the days to come."
While no other information has been released officially at this point. We expect the Toyota Urban Cruiser to carry forward the same 1.5-litre K15 Series petrol engine from the Maruti Vitara Brezza.
The power and torque figures are also said to be identical, as well as the transmission options. This includes a five-speed manual and a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. The Toyota Urban Cruiser could also carry forward smart mild-hybrid technology as well.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the brand's first-ever compact-SUV in the Indian market, targeted towards young customers and cater to the growing demands for SUVs in India.
Once launched in India, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser will be priced competitively and rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.