- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new product, the Urban Cruiser SUV in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, certain dealers have informed that the pre-launch bookings for the compact-SUV will begin from the 22nd of August, with deliveries said to begin from mid-September. However, these are just dealer-level rumours at the moment, with Toyota yet to make any official statement, regarding the same.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be based on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and will share most of its design and features. However, the company has confirmed that Urban Cruiser will undergo a few significant design changes and will not just be a rebadged SUV.
After the Glanza premium hatchback, the upcoming compact-SUV will be the second product that will be released in the market from the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India. The partnership aims to help both brands grow in the market by sharing technologies.
The teaser images of the SUV reveals it to feature an all-new grille much like its elder sibling the Fortuner. However, it is expected to retain the Vitara Brezza's headlamps design with integrated LED DRLs.
The Urban Cruiser will also feature a leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs, a touchscreen infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand latest connected technology.
The Toyota compact-SUV will be powered by the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology.
It produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 138Nm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Urban Cruiser will be placed in the highly competitive compact SUV segment in the Indian market. There are many established models in the segment such as the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Vitara Brezza.
However, the segment is getting a host of new models including the Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger; among others in the country. The upcoming SUV from Toyota is about to face some stiff competition from its new and existing rivals.
The Urban Cruiser is the brand's first small-sized SUV launching in the market. It will likely be placed between the brand's entry-level Glanza hatchback and the Yaris premium sedan in the market. It could be priced similarly to the Vitara Brezza in the market.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Pre-Bookings To Commence From 22nd August
After the delayed launch of many products in the country, reports were suggesting that Toyota could launch the Urban Cruiser in October. However, the company could launch the SUV much before in the market. The new vehicle is expected to boost sales for the brand during the festive season in India.