- 24 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new product, the Urban Cruiser SUV in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, certain dealers have informed that the pre-launch bookings for the compact-SUV will begin from the 22nd of August, with deliveries said to begin from mid-September. However, these are just dealer-level rumours at the moment, with Toyota yet to make any official statement, regarding the same.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be based on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and will share most of its design and features. However, the company has confirmed that Urban Cruiser will undergo a few significant design changes and will not just be a rebadged SUV.
After the Glanza premium hatchback, the upcoming compact-SUV will be the second product that will be released in the market from the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India. The partnership aims to help both brands grow in the market by sharing technologies.
The teaser images of the SUV reveals it to feature an all-new grille much like its elder sibling the Fortuner. However, it is expected to retain the Vitara Brezza's headlamps design with integrated LED DRLs.
The Urban Cruiser will also feature a leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs, a touchscreen infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand latest connected technology.
The Toyota compact-SUV will be powered by the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology.
It produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 138Nm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Urban Cruiser will be placed in the highly competitive compact SUV segment in the Indian market. There are many established models in the segment such as the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Vitara Brezza.
However, the segment is getting a host of new models including the Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger; among others in the country. The upcoming SUV from Toyota is about to face some stiff competition from its new and existing rivals.
The Urban Cruiser is the brand's first small-sized SUV launching in the market. It will likely be placed between the brand's entry-level Glanza hatchback and the Yaris premium sedan in the market. It could be priced similarly to the Vitara Brezza in the market.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Pre-Bookings To Commence From 22nd August
After the delayed launch of many products in the country, reports were suggesting that Toyota could launch the Urban Cruiser in October. However, the company could launch the SUV much before in the market. The new vehicle is expected to boost sales for the brand during the festive season in India.