- 1 hr ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- 1 hr ago Triumph Trident 660 Pre-Bookings Begin In Indian Market: Launch Expected Soon
- 2 hrs ago The Valley Run 2020 Schedule Announced: Time To Burn Some Rubber
- 2 hrs ago Best-Selling Bikes & Scooters In India For October 2020: Here Are The Top-Sellers Last Month!
- Technology New Oppo Smartphone Appears Online; Likely To Be A Mid-Range Offering
- News SC rejects sacked BSF Jawan’s plea challenging PM Modi’s election from Varanasi
- Movies Nayanthara Spends Quality Time With Kunchacko Boban’s Family On The Sets Of Nizhal; See Viral Pic
- Finance 3 Reasons The Nifty Hit A Record 13,000 Points
- Sports India tour of Australia: Michael Clarke says Japrit Bumrah needs to be aggressive to Aussie batsmen
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna In Ethnic Suit And Crop Top-Skirt, Which Printed Ensemble Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Toyota is said to have trademarked the name 'Urban Cruiser' in India. According to a document released by Carwale, the name has been registered for the brand's upcoming compact-SUV in the Indian market. The new compact-SUV from Toyota is essentially the rebadged-version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza.
Toyota and Suzuki entered a partnership in the Indian market a couple of years ago to introduce new models. The partnership's first product was the Toyota Glanza, essentially a rebadged Suzuki Baleno.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only
Now, the company is looking at introducing its second rebadged model, based on the popular compact-SUV offering from Maruti Suzuki. However, this time around, Toyota is said to have planned some significant design changes, which will help differentiate between the two SUVs.
These changes include a possible revision to the front grille, bumpers, tailgate, design of the alloy wheels and a number of other subtle changes. However, the new Toyota compact-SUV will remain largely similar to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The new Toyota Urban Cruiser will also carry forward the same 1.5-litre K15B series BS6-compliant petrol engine, which powers the Vitara Brezza. The engine on the Maruti SUV produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic.
We expect the new Toyota compact-SUV model to also offer similar power figures while having the same transmission choices as well.
The ‘Urban Cruiser' moniker for the new Toyota compact-SUV is based on the brand's international flagship model, the Land Cruiser. Toyota will be looking at leveraging the heritage of the iconic Land Cruiser SUV to popularise the upcoming model in the Indian market.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will also carry forward most of the features and equipment as on the Vitara Brezza. Although, we can expect there to be a few changes. The compact-SUV will also be offered in different variants, with a price tag more or less in the same range as the Maruti Vitara Brezza as well.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV
Toyota's new compact-SUV model, likely to be called the Urban Cruiser will be positioned in a segment, with a huge demand and stiff competition. Once launched in India later this year, the new Toyota Urban Cruiser will rival the likes of the Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue and the upcoming Kia Sonet.