- 12 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 12 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 13 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty's Bail Plea Hearing Deferred To September 29; Actress' Jail Time Extended
- News Bharat Bandh: Farmers across nation to agitate today
- Finance Indian Banking Will Be Last To Recover From COVID-19 Crisis: S&P
- Education NEET SS Result 2020: How To Check NEET SS 2020 Results
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Sports Bayern Munich 2-1 Sevilla aet: Martinez the unlikely Super Cup hero against obdurate opponents
- Lifestyle Love Burgers? Here’s How You Can Make Them Healthy And Tasty!
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Toyota Kirloskar Motors is gearing up to launch its brand new compact-SUV called the Urban Cruiser in the Indian market. The upcoming compact-SUV will also be the second product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
Earlier this month, the company released the first official teaser of their upcoming Urban Cruiser SUV. However, According to Autocar India, they have got their hands on the world-exclusive first image of the new upcoming compact SUV, the Urban Cruiser. The Toyota Urban Cruiser nameplate has been inspired by the brand's iconic 'Land Cruiser' name.
As per the images seen, the Toyota Urban Cruiser looks different (as the company has tweaked a lot of things) than the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. Apart from this, the Urban Cruiser looks almost like the Vitara Brezza as they share the same body parts.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser will get new upholstery and dashboard colours, but apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also be equipped with same SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models as well as the Toyota Glanza.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. The unit produces 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be the company's first-ever compact-SUV offering for the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser has been scheduled to go on sale in India during the year's festive season. Once launched, the compact-SUV will go up against the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport and the all-new Kia Sonet.