- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Toyota Kirloskar Motor is preparing to launch a second re-badged model after having launched the Toyota Glanza last year. Speculations are that the next car will be the re-badged Maruti Ertiga.
Toyota is planning to accelerate its plans and launch the re-branded Ertiga during this year. The decision comes after successful sales of the Glanza. The new Toyota will feature signature design elements that will make it different from the Ertiga.
Minor cosmetic updates will include most likely include Toyota's two slat grille design, and chrome elements that are also Toyota specific. The company could also redesign the headlight and tail light assemblies to make the vehicle more brand specific.
Interiors will most likely arrive with a large touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, UV cut glass, a reverse parking camera, automatic headlamps, and automatic climate control, among others.
There is a possibility that the re-badged Ertiga will continue to feature the current BS6 1.5-litre four-cylinder K15B mild-hybrid petrol engine that produces 102bhp of power and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission and a four-speed torque converter automatic.
Industry expectations are that the new Toyota MPV will be priced between Rs 7.5 lakh and Rs 12 lakh 9ex-showroom, India) The MPV is also expected to be offered with better standard warranty.
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota signed a partnership during 2017 that allows for both companies to access the other's portfolio of cars, re-badge them, and sell them under their respective brands.
The next vehicles that are expected to be re-badged under the Toyota brand are the Ertiga and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The partnership is also working on hybrid technology for India, which will be seen on vehicles produced by both manufacturers.
Thoughts About Toyota Accelerating Plans To Launch The Re-badged Maruti Ertiga
Good move by Toyota. Maruti Suzuki has already done most of the work and all Toyota need to concentrate on are minor details. We expect the new MPV to be pricier than the Maruti models, but one does have better warranty with a Toyota.