- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has said, via a statement, that two employees at their Bidadi facility have tested positive for Covid-19. The facility has been temporarily shut down in order to contain the virus from spreading.
The company resumed operations at the facility during May, after weeks of being under a nationwide lockdown that was aimed at containing the Coronavirus-19 pandemic.
Toyota has partially resumed operations at the facility with limited employees on site. The brand also trained their returning employees in health and safety protocols before resuming operations.
In addition, the brand has its entire Strategic Business Unit employees based at Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai on a work from home program.
The statement released by the brand said, "However, despite all such measures, two employees at the company's Bidadi plant tested positive for Covid-19 on 16 June. The employees worked on 7 June and 16 June."
"Operations at the TKM plant has already been temporarily suspended so that the required disinfection can be carried out at the plant," the statement added.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor immediately started contact tracking and is in the process of identifying all other employees that have come in contact with the Covid-19 infected staff.
The brand is tracing those who may have had direct and indirect contact with the two employees. All staff will be put through Covid-19 testing and will be given necessary medication, and could be quarantined if required.
The brand said that it was also in contact with families of the virus infected employees in order to help and support them. As a brand that puts safety and security of all its employees and shareholders on top of its list, Toyota said that it would apply all preventive and remedial measures to monitor and deescalate the situation.
Thoughts About Two Employees Infected With Covid-19 At Toyota's Bidadi Plant
Well, while we weren't expecting it to happen, there was, and still is a high chance that employees at manufacturing facilities will test positive for Covid-19. What is impressive is the way TKM has handled the situation. We hope the virus is contained and that operations resume as soon as possible.