- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has said, via a statement, that two employees at their Bidadi facility have tested positive for Covid-19. The facility has been temporarily shut down in order to contain the virus from spreading.
The company resumed operations at the facility during May, after weeks of being under a nationwide lockdown that was aimed at containing the Coronavirus-19 pandemic.
Toyota has partially resumed operations at the facility with limited employees on site. The brand also trained their returning employees in health and safety protocols before resuming operations.
In addition, the brand has its entire Strategic Business Unit employees based at Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai on a work from home program.
The statement released by the brand said, "However, despite all such measures, two employees at the company's Bidadi plant tested positive for Covid-19 on 16 June. The employees worked on 7 June and 16 June."
"Operations at the TKM plant has already been temporarily suspended so that the required disinfection can be carried out at the plant," the statement added.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor immediately started contact tracking and is in the process of identifying all other employees that have come in contact with the Covid-19 infected staff.
The brand is tracing those who may have had direct and indirect contact with the two employees. All staff will be put through Covid-19 testing and will be given necessary medication, and could be quarantined if required.
The brand said that it was also in contact with families of the virus infected employees in order to help and support them. As a brand that puts safety and security of all its employees and shareholders on top of its list, Toyota said that it would apply all preventive and remedial measures to monitor and deescalate the situation.
Thoughts About Two Employees Infected With Covid-19 At Toyota's Bidadi Plant
Well, while we weren't expecting it to happen, there was, and still is a high chance that employees at manufacturing facilities will test positive for Covid-19. What is impressive is the way TKM has handled the situation. We hope the virus is contained and that operations resume as soon as possible.