- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India was under a lockdown till 14th April, which has now extended till the end of April. A lot of businesses have been affected worldwide due to this outbreak. To cope up with the current situation, a lot of manufacturers are doing their best to help people around in some way or the other.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has once again stepped in for help and handed over Rs 2 crore to the Karnataka government to fight the coronavirus pandemic. This amount would go into Karnataka Chief Minister's Relief Fund COVID-19 and Karnataka State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA).
Speaking about the event, Shekar Viswanathan, Vice Chairman & Whole-time Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, "At this hour of crisis, Toyota stands fully committed in support of the communities in overcoming this pandemic which has caused unprecedented distress to humanity".
Out of the total sum given, Rs 1,3548,553, was handed over to Karnataka State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) while the remaining amount of Rs 64,51,447, collected from employees, was handed over to Karnataka Chief Minister's Relief Fund COVID-19. The Toyota Group has also donated a sum of Rs 55,00,000 to the Karnataka State Government.
Shekar Viswanathan also added, "Both the Central and State Governments have taken strong decisive and proactive decisions towards containment and further prevention of the spread of COVID-19. We fully support the enormous efforts taken by them and pray that life in the country takes a speedy return to normalcy."
Recently, Toyota handed over 3000 Hazmat suits to the Government Health Volunteers in Karnataka, 1000 essential kits to daily wage workers while benefiting over 5000 members, sanitizers and masks to the police department.
Thoughts On Toyota Kirloskar Motor contribution To The Karnataka Chief Minister's Relief Fund COVID-19
Since the pandemic, a lot of automobile manufacturers have been trying to help the people in need by either contributing or donating with whatever they can. Since the outbreak, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has been at the forefront of supporting society and the government during this critical situation.