- 50 min ago New Royal Enfield Classic (2021) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Komaki High-Speed Electric Two-Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 96,000
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begin In India: First Batch SUVs Shipped Overseas
- Finance Union Budget 2021: No Personal Income Tax Tweak Likely
- Movies Neha Marda On Long-Distance Relationship With Hubby Aayushman: I Always Chase To Meet Him
- Technology Nokia 1.4 Full Spec-Sheet Leaked Online; Dual Cameras, 4,000mAh Battery In Tow
- News Explained: How US President Joe Biden's era impact India?
- Sports MS Dhoni comparisons amazing but Rishabh Pant wants a name for himself in Indian cricket
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Makes Our Day Bright And Happy By Treating Us With Her Colourful Look In A Pretty Co-ord Set
- Education RRB NTPC Phase 3 Exam Date 2021 And Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new sub-4-metre compact-SUV, the Urban Cruiser on 23 September in the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The company officially started accepting bookings for the compact-SUV last month. The Urban Cruiser can be made either online or through any of Toyota's dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 11,000.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser looks different (as the company has tweaked a lot of things) than the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. Apart from this, the Urban Cruiser looks almost like the Vitara Brezza as they share the same body parts.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser will get new upholstery and dashboard colours, but apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also be equipped with the same SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models as well as the Toyota Glanza.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. The unit produces 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the company seems to be getting a good response for the SUV, even ahead of its official launch. The Urban Cruiser will go up against the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Vitara Brezza in the Indian Market.