- 51 min ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 16 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 17 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Movies Chinmayi Criticises Kangana Ranaut’s Views On Depression; Asks Queen Actress To ‘Take Help’
- News Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh to be first Rafale woman fighter pilot
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: Rohit Sharma is now fourth in the 'hit' list!
- Finance This Pharma Stock Has Promising Outlook And An Upgrade From Sharekhan
- Technology Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new sub-4-metre compact-SUV, the Urban Cruiser on 23 September in the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The company officially started accepting bookings for the compact-SUV last month. The Urban Cruiser can be made either online or through any of Toyota's dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 11,000.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser looks different (as the company has tweaked a lot of things) than the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. Apart from this, the Urban Cruiser looks almost like the Vitara Brezza as they share the same body parts.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser will get new upholstery and dashboard colours, but apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also be equipped with the same SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models as well as the Toyota Glanza.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. The unit produces 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the company seems to be getting a good response for the SUV, even ahead of its official launch. The Urban Cruiser will go up against the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Vitara Brezza in the Indian Market.