- 12 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 13 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- 15 hrs ago TVS’ Scooters Price Increase: Prices Of TVS Scooty, Jupiter and NTorq 125 Hiked
- Movies Karnan Day 2 Box Office Collection: Dhanush Starrer Continues Its Dream Run!
- Technology Week 15, 2021 Launch Roundup: TECNO Spark 7, Nokia X10, X20, Nokia G20, C10, C20, iQOO 7, re
- News 'Tika Utsav' from today; aim to vaccinate maximum eligible people
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs DC: Both Prithvi and I were hitting the ball well: Player-of-the-match Shikhar Dhawan
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Here’s How Your PF Contribution May Change From July
- Lifestyle Gudi Padwa 2021: The Rituals And Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new sub-4-metre compact-SUV, the Urban Cruiser on 23 September in the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The company officially started accepting bookings for the compact-SUV last month. The Urban Cruiser can be made either online or through any of Toyota's dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 11,000.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser looks different (as the company has tweaked a lot of things) than the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. Apart from this, the Urban Cruiser looks almost like the Vitara Brezza as they share the same body parts.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser will get new upholstery and dashboard colours, but apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also be equipped with the same SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models as well as the Toyota Glanza.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. The unit produces 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the company seems to be getting a good response for the SUV, even ahead of its official launch. The Urban Cruiser will go up against the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Vitara Brezza in the Indian Market.