- 54 min ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- News India GDP growth dips to 3.1 pc in Jan-Mar; 4.2 pc in 2019-20
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
India, just like most nations, is currently under lockdown till April 14 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the auto industry facing multiple issues in FY 2020, the Glanza, the first product after Toyota and Maruti Suzuki's partnership has gained a lot of traction.
Toyota's latest sales figures show that the company has sold 24,380 units of the Glanza since its launch in June last year. Moreover, Maruti Suzuki has reported dispatching 25,002 units of the Toyota Glanza to its Japanese counterpart.
The Glanza, which is based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, on the outside, remains absolutely identical except a few aesthetic changes that include a new front grille that has been styled in the Toyota family's contemporary design language and it also gets a good share of chrome for the upmarket look. The Glanza also gets a redesigned bumper and air dam with new fog lamp mounts. The car also features LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and at the rear, the car gets a set of LED tail-lamps.
On the inside, Toyota has equipped the Glanza with some premium features such as a playcast touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The system also comes with a smartphone-based navigation system. It also features steering-mounted controls for audio and for phone calls. The system is also voice-command enabled.
Other features include automatic air-conditioning, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, smart entry with engine start/stop button. The safety department is handled by dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Electrochromic inner rear view mirror, reverse parking camera with display on infotainment screen and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
The Toyota Glanza is available in the G, V, G CVT and V CVT trims. All variants are powered by a single petrol engine option, which is a 1.2-litre unit, which also powers the Baleno hatchback. The engine produces 83bhp of power and 113Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza
The base variant of the Glanza is priced at Rs 7.04 lakh ex-showroom (Mumbai) and at this price Toyota is offering a host of features with the Glanza. The premium hatch goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.