- 9 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 9 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 10 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 To Have Only 12 Episodes?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Toyota has launched the Urban Cruiser compact-SUV in the Indian Market. Prices for the Urban Cruiser starts at Rs 8.4 lakh for the base mid-grade manual variant and goes all the way up to the Rs 11.3 lakh mark for the top-end premium-grade automatic variant. All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom Delhi.
Sharing his views on the launch of Toyota Urban Cruiser, Masakazu Yoshimura, Managing Director, TKM said, "Our entry into the compact SUV space comes at a time when the segment has gained much popularity due to its body type and superior road presence thereby garnering greater connect and appeal among today's youth. At TKM, the focus is always on delivering the best products and services to our customers who have remained loyal to the brand over the years while looking for ways to welcome more customers, particularly the youth, to the Toyota family. The launch of the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser is an important step in that direction."
"It is our ambition to enable more people to buy and experience a Toyota vehicle and our renowned after-sales service, which is a differentiator for us in this segment. We will continue to emphasize on introducing ever-better cars, better technologies and environment-friendly products and services. Our alliance with Suzuki allows us to surge ahead on that path while building a self-sustaining local ecosystem of suppliers and partners," he further stated.
The company is accepting pre-bookings for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Customers can book the SUV online or at any of the authorised dealerships across India. Toyota is also offering a three year/1,00,000 km warranty with the Urban Cruiser. The compact SUV is available in three variants: Mid-Grade, High-Grade and Premium-Grade.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser will be slightly different from the Maruti Suzuki Brezza as the company has tweaked a lot of things in the SUV. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. It also gets 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels and gunmetal grey finished roof rails.
These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. However, the entire lighting setup on the vehicle is LED, which also includes the fog lights. The vehicle will also be available in dual and mono-tone colours. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser to get new upholstery and dashboard colours. Apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also feature a Smart Playcast touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models. It also gets rain-sensing wipers, multi-colour combi meter lights, automatic climate control, engine start/stop, cruise control, electrochromic IRVM and many more.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser will get the same engine and transmission that does its duty on the Brezza. It will be powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle. The engine will produce 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
All AT variants equipped will be equipped with advanced Lithium-Ion Battery with ISG comprising Torque Assist Function, Idle Start Stop Function, Brake Energy Regeneration Function for enhanced fuel efficiency. The company claims a fuel efficiency of around 17.03 km/l for the MT and 18.76 km/l for the AT.
Thoughts About The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV
The all-new Urban Cruiser features modern styling and features that will attract the youths more and has an attractive pricing for a compact-SUV. The compact-SUV will go up against the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport and the all-new Kia Sonet.