- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is said to be working on introducing a CNG version of their popular Innova Crysta MPV in the Indian market. The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG variant is expected to go on sale in the country sometime later this year.
Ahead of its launch, Rushlane has released spy pics of the CNG-powered Toyota Innova Crysta. The test mule can also be seen with the ‘2.7' badging, confirming that the factory-fitted CNG kit will be available with the petrol-powered variants of the MPV.
There is currently very little information about the bi-fuel variant of the Toyota Innova Crysta MPV. However, we do expect that the Toyota Innova Crysta CNG model will come with a significant reduction in power and torque outputs, compared to its petrol-powered version.
The standard 2.7-litre petrol engine on the Toyota Innova Crysta produces around 166bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission unit.
The CNG kit on the Toyota Innova Crysta will be offered on its lower variants. The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG is also expected to be offered with just the five-speed manual gearbox as standard. Features and equipment on the Toyota Innova Crysta CNG, however, will remain identical to that of its standard petrol-powered models in the country.
Apart from the petrol engine, the Innova Crysta MPV is also offered with a diesel unit as well. This comes in the form of a 2.4-litre engine producing 150bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. The price difference between BS6-compliant petrol and diesel-powered trims is around Rs 2 lakh. According to reports, Toyota is hoping that the upcoming CNG model can fill the gap between the two.
The Toyota Innova Crysta is one of the most popular MPVs in the country, having been on sale for a long time. Toyota will be hoping that the bi-fuel (petrol + CNG) trims on the Innova Crysta will further attract more customers towards the MPV. The Toyota Innova Crysta also now has a new competitor in the country, in the form of the six-seater Hector Plus SUV.
Thoughts On The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG MPV Spy Pics
The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG spy pics have confirmed that a new variant of the MPV is about to enter the Indian market soon. At the price point of the Innova Crysta CNG, the MPV will have no direct rivals in the country, however, another MPV which does come with a CNG variant is the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.