- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 4 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 10 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Movies Sudeep’s Bigg Boss Kannada 8 Will Return To The Small Screen With Its Second Innings From June 23, Watch Promo
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Sports Shot-putter Tajinder Toor qualifies for Tokyo Olympics with record-breaking show at IGP 4
- News Bursting Myths: Does Covid-19 vaccine cause infertility in men, women?
- Finance RBI Data: Housing Prices Rise In Q4
- Technology Lava Probuds TWS Earbuds With MediaTek Airoha Chipset Launched At Rs. 1; What’s The Catch?
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The 2020 Toyota Innova Crysta has been awarded a five-star safety rating by ASEAN NCAP. The results for the MPV was recently announced by the ASEAN NCAP, where the Innova Crysta secured an overall score of 82.69 out of 100.
The Toyota Innova has scored 33.05 points out of 36 for (AOP) Adult Occupant Protection giving it a weighted score of 45.90. On the other hand, the MPV was awarded 42.17 out of 49 for (COP) Child Occupant Protection with a weighted score of 21.51.
The third and the final category is the Safety Assist Technologies (SATs) offered on the MPV. The Innova Crysta was awarded 15.28 weighted score, bring the overall safety rating score to 82.69 for the MPV.
We need to note that the Innova Crysta tested here is the MY 2020 and is only similar to the ones sold in the Indian market. The Indonesian-spec MPV does come with similar safety equipment as the ones sold in our market.
The Toyota Innova Crysta sold in India is offered with three airbags as standard even on the base G and GX variant on diesel and petrol respectively. This includes airbags for driver, front passenger and & driver-side knee area.
Other features include ABS with EBD and (BA) Brake Assist, (VSC) Vehicle Stability Control, (HSA) Hill Start Assist, front seatbelts with pre-tensioners, force limiters and height-adjustable, rear seat belts, rear parking camera with assist and sensors, and a clutch start system. The top-spec varaints of the MPV are offered with a total of seven airbags.
The Indo-spec MPV tested features a 2.0-litre petrol engine. However, the India-spec models are offered with two larger engine options: 2.7-litre petrol and 2.4-litre diesel engines.
The petrol engine produces a maximum of 164bhp and a peak torque of 245Nm. While the 2.4-litre diesel unit churns out 148bhp and 360Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift model has been unveiled in the Indonesian market. It is expected to be launched sometime next year in the Indian market. The upcoming facelift model of the Innova Crysta is expected to feature a similar safety rating as the current model. As a result, it could also carry the same 5-star safety rating in the market.
Thoughts About The Toyota Innova Crysta Awarded 5-Star Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
The Toyota Innova Crysta MPV is among the most popular MPV model in the Indian market and across the world. Although it was not the India-spec model which received the 5-star rating, we can rest assured that it will carry a similar safety rating as well.