- 2 min ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 16 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- News Cyclone Nivar: Cyclonic storm to weaken further; IMD warns of heavy rains
- Finance Foreign Institutional Investors FII Inflows Into Indian Markets Creates New Record In Nov
- Technology Meet Tooter, A Desi Version Of Twitter: Here’s How To Download And Sign Up
- Sports LPL 2020: WI coach Phil Simmons says he was not aware Andre Russell playing for Colombo Kings
- Movies Nushrratt Bharuccha Begins Shooting For Chhorii In Madhya Pradesh
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange And Pink Suit Will Melt You Heart
- Education AYUSH Counselling 2020: Check AYUSH NEET Counselling 2020 Registration Process
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
The 2020 Toyota Innova Crysta has been awarded a five-star safety rating by ASEAN NCAP. The results for the MPV was recently announced by the ASEAN NCAP, where the Innova Crysta secured an overall score of 82.69 out of 100.
The Toyota Innova has scored 33.05 points out of 36 for (AOP) Adult Occupant Protection giving it a weighted score of 45.90. On the other hand, the MPV was awarded 42.17 out of 49 for (COP) Child Occupant Protection with a weighted score of 21.51.
The third and the final category is the Safety Assist Technologies (SATs) offered on the MPV. The Innova Crysta was awarded 15.28 weighted score, bring the overall safety rating score to 82.69 for the MPV.
We need to note that the Innova Crysta tested here is the MY 2020 and is only similar to the ones sold in the Indian market. The Indonesian-spec MPV does come with similar safety equipment as the ones sold in our market.
The Toyota Innova Crysta sold in India is offered with three airbags as standard even on the base G and GX variant on diesel and petrol respectively. This includes airbags for driver, front passenger and & driver-side knee area.
Other features include ABS with EBD and (BA) Brake Assist, (VSC) Vehicle Stability Control, (HSA) Hill Start Assist, front seatbelts with pre-tensioners, force limiters and height-adjustable, rear seat belts, rear parking camera with assist and sensors, and a clutch start system. The top-spec varaints of the MPV are offered with a total of seven airbags.
The Indo-spec MPV tested features a 2.0-litre petrol engine. However, the India-spec models are offered with two larger engine options: 2.7-litre petrol and 2.4-litre diesel engines.
The petrol engine produces a maximum of 164bhp and a peak torque of 245Nm. While the 2.4-litre diesel unit churns out 148bhp and 360Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift model has been unveiled in the Indonesian market. It is expected to be launched sometime next year in the Indian market. The upcoming facelift model of the Innova Crysta is expected to feature a similar safety rating as the current model. As a result, it could also carry the same 5-star safety rating in the market.
Thoughts About The Toyota Innova Crysta Awarded 5-Star Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
The Toyota Innova Crysta MPV is among the most popular MPV model in the Indian market and across the world. Although it was not the India-spec model which received the 5-star rating, we can rest assured that it will carry a similar safety rating as well.