- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Toyota introduced the BS6-compliant version of their popular MPV, the Innova Crysta in the Indian market earlier this year. At the time of launch, Toyota introduced the Innova Crysta with a single BS6-compliant 2.4-litre diesel engine. The larger displacement 2.8-litre diesel engine was not part of the offerings on the Innova Crysta.
Now talking to Autocar India, Toyota has confirmed that the 2.8-litre diesel unit will not be offered on the Innova Crysta anymore. The company has decided to offer the Toyota Innova Crysta with a single diesel engine, which will be the smaller 2.4-litre unit.
The reason for the discontinuation of the 2.8-litre diesel unit on the Innova Crysta is due to its low demand. According to Toyota, the demand for the 2.4-litre diesel unit on the Innova Crysta is much higher than for the larger displacement engine.
Toyota will, therefore, rationalise the engine options. Going forward, the Toyota Innova Crysta will be powered by the 2.4-litre unit, while the 2.8-litre unit will be powering the Fortuner SUV. The 2.4-litre diesel unit has already been updated to comply with the BS6 norms which have been implemented since the 1st of April 2020.
The smaller displacement engine on the Toyota Innova Crysta comes in the form of a 2,393cc diesel unit producing 150bhp and 360Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic gearbox.
Apart from the diesel unit, the Toyota Innova Crysta is also offered with a petrol engine as well. This comes in the form of a 2.7-litre engine producing 165bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The petrol engine also comes mated to the same five-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmission units.
The starting price of the diesel-powered Toyota Innova Crysta is Rs 16.14 lakh, while its top-spec variant has a price tag of Rs 23.02 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Toyota Innova Crysta With No 2.8-Litre Diesel Engine
The discontinuation of the 2.8-litre diesel unit from the Toyota Innova Crysta is a smart move. It will allow the company to rationalise the production towards where the demand is higher, in this case on the Fortuner. The Innova Crysta is one of the best-selling models from Toyota in the Indian market and rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Mahindra Marazzo.