- 8 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Technology Amazon Best Of Tech 13th To 14th July: Discounts, EMI & Exchange Offers On Gadgets
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Toyota has increased the prices of almost all its offerings from its portfolio in India. The prices of the Toyota Glanza and the Yaris have significantly increased. All the price hike across the line-up is due to the engine upgrade that now meets the BS6 emission norms. Below are the new prices for Toyota's petrol-only offerings.
The Toyota Glanza's old price tag started from Rs 6.98 lakh for the base variant to Rs 8.9 lakh for the top trim. According to the new price list, the base variant of the Glanza is now priced at Rs 7.01 lakh and Rs 8.96 lakh for the top-end one. However, the G Mild-hybrid MT variant gets the highest hike of Rs 26,000 (all prices are ex-showroom).
The Glanza, which is based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, now gets a redesigned bumper and air dam with new fog lamp mounts. The car also features LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and at the rear, the car gets a set of LED tail-lamps. On the inside, Toyota has equipped the Glanza with some premium features such as a playcast touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Mechanically, all the variants of the Toyota Glanza are powered by a single petrol engine option, which is a 1.2-litre unit, which also powers the Baleno hatchback. The engine produces 83bhp of power and 113Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the Toyota Yaris carries an old price tag of Rs 8.76 lakh for the base and Rs 14.18 lakh for the top-end version. As per the new price list, the Yaris now starts at Rs 8.86 lakh for the base and Rs 14.30 lakh for the top-end variant. However, the J MT/ CVT variant gets the highest hike of Rs 1.68 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom).
The Toyota Yaris is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 107bhp of power and 140Nm of peak torque. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and a seven-speed CVT automatic.
Thoughts About The Toyota Glanza And Yaris Price Hike
At Rs 7.01 lakh ex-showroom (Mumbai), Toyota is offering a host of features with the Glanza. The premium hatch goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz. On the other hand, the Yaris rivals the Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Honda City.