- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Mohammed Siraj revels in Joe Root dismissal
- Movies Sumeet Vyas On Learning About Being A Father During 1962: The War In The Hills
- News India honoured to be at forefront of popularising millets: PM Modi
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
The Toyota Fortuner BS6 model is rather close to launch, but engine specification of the company's successful model have surfaced. A Pune based dealer has also confirmed that booking have been opened for an amount of Rs 50,000, and that deliveries will closer to the beginning of March.
Engine specifications that have been revealed by GaadiWaadi show that the Toyota Fortuner BS6 models will be offered with the same 2.7-litre petrol and 2.8-litre engines that are featured on the current-generation vehicles, albeit in a BS6 avatar.
There is no information about the power and performance figures of the Fortuner BS6 models at the moment, but the current 2.7-litre petrol engine produces 164bhp of power and 245Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to five-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions.
The current 2.8-litre diesel engines produce 174bhp of power and 450Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic transmission. The diesel models are also available with a 4WD system.
No cosmetic changes are expected at either the exterior and or the interior of the Toyota Fortuner BS6 model. The vehicle will continue to feature an electric sunroof, cruise control, leather upholstery, an electric tailgate release, and an eight-way electronically adjustable driver's seat.
The SUV will also feature a nine-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
Safety features are expected to include ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, multiple airbags, hill assist control, whiplash concept front seat, three-point ELR seat belts, an engine immobiliser, and a speed-auto lock with emergency unlocking system.
The current-generation of Toyota Fortuner models are priced between Rs 28.18 lakh and Rs 34.20 lakh, (ex-showroom, India). We expect the SUV to carry a premium of roughly between Rs 50,000 and Rs 75,000.
In Toyota related news, the company is planning to launch its second re-badged model after the Toyota Glanza. The company is accelerating its plans after witnessing success in sales of the Glanza. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Engine Specifications Of The Toyota Fortuner BS6 Models Unveiled
Industry expectations were that the Toyota Fortuner BS6 models would arrive with just the necessary engine upgrade. And we think these upgrade will suffice for now.