- 5 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 7 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Toyota Kirloskar Motors has confirmed three new COVID-19 positive cases among its employees at their facility in Bidadi, Karnataka. The three employees last attended work on the 23rd March, 7th and 13th of July.
As per the government's guidelines, Toyota has quarantined those employees who are now suspected to have been in direct or indirect contact with either of three employees infected with the virus. The company also mentioned that they will be extending all possible support to the infected employees during the entire treatment period.
The Japanese carmaker also stated that the plant is being disinfected on a daily basis. Toyota will also be performing a special deep cleaning and disinfection process at the affected work area as well. Toyota even went on to state that they will continue its operations at the Bidadi facility as they have been complying with all the guidelines, SOPs and preventive measures as well.
Toyota stated, "Going forward and considering the safety and security of its employees and all of its stakeholders as its first and foremost priority in mind, TKM will continue to take all possible preventive and remedial measures to deal with the developing situation and closely work with various stakeholders including the relevant statutory authorities."
Toyota also announced that 23 employees out of the previously infected have now fully recovered as well and have been discharged from hospital. The 23 employees are now undergoing a 14-day mandatory home quarantine.
The company stated, "TKM continues to be in touch with the affected team members and their families so as to support them in handling this situation carefully without further complications."
The carmaker had recently announced a halt in production operations at its Bidadi facility, between the 14th and 20th of July. This halt in production was made as per the directive of the Government of Karnataka.
Thoughts On The Toyota Employees Testing Positive For COVID-19
Toyota is said to be following all safety precautions and measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among employees. However, it is unfortunate to see positive cases still being registered.