- 14 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Farmers' unions issue dos and don'ts for tractor rally on Republic Day
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 24 Highlights: Sonali Phogat Gets Eliminated From The House
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Odisha FC: Sloppy Odisha help Bengaluru rescue a point
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motors has confirmed three new COVID-19 positive cases among its employees at their facility in Bidadi, Karnataka. The three employees last attended work on the 23rd March, 7th and 13th of July.
As per the government's guidelines, Toyota has quarantined those employees who are now suspected to have been in direct or indirect contact with either of three employees infected with the virus. The company also mentioned that they will be extending all possible support to the infected employees during the entire treatment period.
The Japanese carmaker also stated that the plant is being disinfected on a daily basis. Toyota will also be performing a special deep cleaning and disinfection process at the affected work area as well. Toyota even went on to state that they will continue its operations at the Bidadi facility as they have been complying with all the guidelines, SOPs and preventive measures as well.
Toyota stated, "Going forward and considering the safety and security of its employees and all of its stakeholders as its first and foremost priority in mind, TKM will continue to take all possible preventive and remedial measures to deal with the developing situation and closely work with various stakeholders including the relevant statutory authorities."
Toyota also announced that 23 employees out of the previously infected have now fully recovered as well and have been discharged from hospital. The 23 employees are now undergoing a 14-day mandatory home quarantine.
The company stated, "TKM continues to be in touch with the affected team members and their families so as to support them in handling this situation carefully without further complications."
The carmaker had recently announced a halt in production operations at its Bidadi facility, between the 14th and 20th of July. This halt in production was made as per the directive of the Government of Karnataka.
Thoughts On The Toyota Employees Testing Positive For COVID-19
Toyota is said to be following all safety precautions and measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among employees. However, it is unfortunate to see positive cases still being registered.