- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Som Shekar To Get Evicted As The Fourth Runner-Up Of Bigg Boss Tamil 4?
- Sports India vs Australia 4th Test Day 3: Sundar-Thakur hit maiden fifties, forge century stand as tourists post 336
- News Courts must be open to public scrutiny, criticism, says Salve
- Lifestyle Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Toyota is planning to launch the Hilux pick-up truck in the Indian market. This news was recently reported by Autocar India. The Toyota Hilux will be based on the same IMV platform as the Innova and the Fortuner.
Speaking a bit about the Hilux pick-up truck, since the vehicle will be based on the same platform as the Innova and the Fortuner, it will also share the same engines, gearboxes, four-wheel-drive systems, suspension components and also the ladder-frame chassis, that will give the pickup truck great rigidity.
Also, since the Innova and the Fortuner both are made in India and since the Hilux pick-up truck will underpin most of the mechanical components, it will be easy for the company to keep the cost of production down. Also, the Hilux is considerably longer than either the Fortuner or the Innova and measures at 5,285mm in length. It also has a longer wheelbase of 3,085mm wheelbase for better stability. However, the rear suspension uses leaf springs so that the truck can bear the load.
Mechanically, we are expecting the Toyota Hilux to be powered by the 2.4-litre and the 2.8-litre diesel engines. These units have been tuned to deliver more torque at low engine speeds. However, the 2.8-litre engine produces 500Nm of peak torque. Toyota has shortened the gear ratio of the first three gears so that when the pick-up truck is loaded with weight, it can cruise easily.
In other recent Toyota news, the company is gearing up to launch its brand new compact-SUV called the Urban Cruiser in the Indian market. The upcoming compact-SUV will also be the second product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India. The Urban Cruiser will be the youngest SUV in the company's lineup. Toyota also said that the bookings for the "All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser" will commence by the end of August this year and the SUV is expected to launch during the festive season.
Thoughts About The Toyota Hilux Pickup Truck
We think that if Toyota considers bringing the Hilux pickup truck to the Indian market, then the vehicle will attract a lot of buyers. And to top it off, we are also expecting that it will cost half the price of the Fortuner, somewhere around the 15 to 17 lakh mark for the entry-level pickup. Once launched it will rival the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross.