- 21 min ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 3 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Tractor rally violence: Farmers call-off protest at Chilla border, BKU Lok Shakti continues stir
- Movies DDLJ’s Occupancy Of 200 To 300 People Is Solely ‘Saving’ Maratha Mandir, Says Executive Director
- Lifestyle Glam Or De-Glam, Jacqueline Fernandez and Patralekhaa Will Convince You To Drape A White Saree
- Sports India vs England: Shubman Gill to open India's innings along with Rohit Sharma? Gautam Gambhir has this to say
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
- Education Martyr’s Day 2021: Remembering Gandhi On His Death Anniversary
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced that it will resume production at its Bidadi facility from Monday, 20 July. The announcement comes after the revised directives issued by the Government of Karnataka.
The new directives allow for residents in Bengaluru (urban and rural districts) to commute to industries located inside dedicated industrial zones. Operations at the facility were suspended last Tuesday after the facility finished its second shift.
Toyota's top priority is to protect the health and safety of its employees and their families. The brand said it would continue to monitor the crisis and is taking every possible preventive and remedial measure, and is closely working with its stakeholders and other statutory authorities.
The company has been judicious about the number of employees working at its Bidadi facility ever since it restarted operations earlier. Between 40 and 45 percent of its workforce has been operational in order to maintain social distancing norms.
All employees have to self-declare health conditions on an everyday basis. In addition, the brand has been ensuring that in a situation where an employee tests positive for Covid-19 positive, quarantine measures are in place to isolate employees who have had direct and indirect contact with.
The company has also extended all support to the infected employees during treatments. Additionally, the facility is being thoroughly disinfected on a daily basis.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has also modified its medical insurance policies to include treatments for Covid-19, and has increased coverage for all its employees and their family members. The brand's corporate and regional offices employees continue to work from home.
In addition to safety protocols that are in place, TKM has initiated the task of providing safety kits that contain hand sanitizers, 3PLY masks and handwashes to over 5000 employees, their families, and their neighborhoods effectively benefitting over 25,000 families that make up multiple communities.
Thoughts About Toyota Resuming Operation At Their Bidadi Facility On 20 July
Toyota definitely understands the urgency of the situation and is taking steps towards the larger interest of saving lives and security of society. As with their vehicles, the brand is working towards offering quality lives and is working closely with Government issued guidelines, and their own internal standards.