- 25 min ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 57 min ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 1 hr ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 2 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- News Karnataka Budget: CM Yediyurappa slams Congress for walking out during session
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Movies Beyhadh 2 Actor Paras Madaan Gets Engaged To Soumita Das PICS
- Sports Online gaming market projected to reach 440 million gamers by 2022: Tarun Gupta, founder Ultimate Battle
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Education CEED Result 2021: IIT Bombay To Release CEED Result At ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The list of the top-10 best-selling SUVs in the Indian market for the month of March 2020 has been released. The top-selling SUV in India for March 2020 continues to be the Kia Seltos. The mid-size SUV registered 7,466 units of sales in the previous month; retaining the title for the third time in a row.
The Kia Seltos was introduced in August 2019 and since then has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market. Kia Motors recently announced that sales of the Seltos since its launch crossed over 80,000 units.
Following the Kia Seltos, is its cousin the new Hyundai Creta. The Creta has long been one of the best-selling SUVs in the Indian market. However, with the introduction of newer rivals, the SUV lost out in terms of sales. However, Hyundai recently introduced the brand-new iteration of the SUV, which has registered 6,706 units in its first month.
However, with half the month under lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, the sales figure show just half the story. The new Hyundai Creta could regain its title as the best-selling SUV from the Seltos very soon.
In third place on the list is the Hyundai Venue, holding the title as the ‘best compact-SUV' in India. The Hyundai Venue registered sales of 6,127 units in the month of March 2020, overtaking its main rival the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza placed just below in the fourth position.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza recently received an update and is now available in a petrol avatar. Maruti has discontinued the diesel version of the Vitara Brezza. The compact-SUV offering from Maruti Suzuki registered 5,513 units of sales in March 2020.
The Tata Nexon completes the top-five on the list. The Nexon SUV recently received a much-required facelift, which now makes it look more attractive and modern than before. The Tata SUV is positioned above the Ford EcoSport in sixth place. Both SUVs registered similar sales figures in the month of March 2020, with the Nexon registering 2,646 units and the EcoSport recording 2,197 units of sales.
|4||Maruti Vitara Brezza||5,513|
Seventh on the list is the MG Hector. The mid-size SUV and a rival to the Kia Seltos and the new Hyundai Creta registered 1,402 units of sales in March 2020. The SUV did perform well at the time of its launch, however, sales have dropped with the SUV averaging around 2000 units per month.
Bringing in the bottom three on the list is the Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Harrier. The Toyota Fortuner has done well in the month of March 2020, registering 1,100 units of sales for the brand. The Mahindra XUV300 with 814 units and the Tata Harrier with 632 units of sales, however, suffered a major decline in sales (83% and 75%, respectively) in the month of March 2020.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling SUVs In India For March 2020
The entire automotive industry is facing a tough situation amidst the COVID-19 pandemic affecting not only India but also the world. With most companies shut, we expect it to take more than a few months to recover from the huge losses faced.