- 10 min ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Reaches NCB Office For Questioning In Drug Probe; See Pictures
- News India, Japan begins 3-day naval exercise JIMEX today in Arabian sea
- Sports IPL 2020: Fans want Suresh Raina back after Chennai Super Kings falter; know Mr IPL's incredible records
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance Gold And Silver Posted Their Biggest Weekly Losses Since March
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The Indian auto industry has been witnessing huge demand for SUVs in the market. Many car brands have introduced multiple models in the SUV segment, ranging from entry-level offerings to premium models.
Among the SUV segment itself, car brands are further witnessing a steady rise in demand for seven-seater models. While there are many seven-seater SUV options in India, more and more manufacturers are working on entering the segment with multiple products.
Here are the top-five seven-seater SUVs scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in 2020:
Starting in no particular order, the Tata Gravitas is one of the most-awaited seven-seater SUV offerings in the Indian market. The Gravitas is essentially an extended seven-seater version of the Harrier, which has been on sale since January 2019.
The Tata Gravitas comes with similar features, equipment and is also expected to be powered by the same engine and transmission unit as well. The Gravitas SUV was expected to launch, sometime during the first half of 2020. However, because of the COVID-19 lockdown, its launch has been delayed by a couple of months. The seven-seater SUV is expected to go on sale sometime by the year-end.
MG Hector Plus
Similar to the Tata Gravitas, the MG Hector Plus is also a seven-seater version of the Hector in the Indian market. The MG Hector was the brand's first model in India and received an overwhelming response at the time of launch. Its seven-seater iteration, the MG Hector Plus is expected to carry forward the same response and demand in the market as well.
MG Motors India has confirmed that the Hector Plus launch will go ahead as planned in June 2020. The company has confirmed they have no plans of postponing the launch of the SUV, even under the current COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
Jeep Compass Seven-Seater
The Jeep Compass has been a successful model for the brand in the Indian market. The Jeep Compass has been a premium SUV offering in the segment for quite a while. Now Jeep is planning to take advantage of the SUV's success in India, by introducing a seven-seater version of the same.
The new seven-seater Jeep Compass will, however, come with multiple design changes, slightly extended wheelbase and a different cabin layout as well. Although, engine options might be carried forward from the current five-seater SUV. Jeep hasn't yet confirmed the exact launch date, although we do expect it to arrive in the market by end-2020 or latest by early-2021.
The MG Gloster will be the second seven-seater SUV offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Gloster will be launched after the Hector Plus and is confirmed to arrive in India sometime during this year's festive season.
The MG Gloster is a premium seven-seater offering and will be positioned above the Hector Plus, making it the brand's flagship model in the market. Pricing for the Gloster is also expected to be slightly on the premium end.
Toyota Fortuner Facelift
The Toyota Fortuner is currently the leader in the seven-seater SUV segment of the Indian market. It is one of the most-popular full-size SUV offerings in the country. However, the Fortuner does need an update, which it will receive very soon.
Toyota is expected to roll out the Fortuner facelift in the Indian market possibly by the year-end. Although, the exact launch date and the expected changes are yet to be announced.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Seven-Seater SUVs In India
India is currently fighting an unprecedented crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has shut down most operations and businesses in the country. However, automakers are now resuming operations, with expectations that demand for vehicles will rise in the coming months.