- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 11 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
BMW India officially teased the new-gen X6 on its website ahead of its launch in the country. The third-generation SUV-coupe is expected to go on sale in India on June 11, 2020. Bookings for the 2020 X6 began in January.
According to a report by TeamBHP, the third-generation BMW X6 has been spotted completely undisguised in India. A few things that can be spotted on the car are the xDrive40i badge, sporty front and rear bumpers, a large twin-kidney grille and twin-pod LED headlights, dual-tone alloy wheels with Y-shaped spokes, etc.
On the inside, the cabin of the new X6 shares most of its interior trims for other models in the brand's line-up such as Vernasca leather upholstery as standard, power-operated seats with massage function, four-zone climate control, gear lever finished in glass, a panoramic sunroof, and a premium audio system from Bowers and Wilkins. The SUV also gets a large touch screen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology as well.
Mechanically, the BMW X6 xDrive40i variant is powered by a 3.0-litre, turbocharged six-cylinder petrol engine. The unit is capable of producing 335bhp of power @ 5,500 - 6,500 rpm and 450Nm of peak torque @ 1,500 - 5,200 rpm. The engine comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and the power is transmitted to all the wheels.
In other recent BMW news, the company globally unveiled its all-new 4 Series Coupe. The 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe takes inspiration from the brand's 'Concept 4' and comes with a radical change in design, features and powertrain options.
The new BMW 4 Series also comes standard with a 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 5.1-inch digital instrument cluster. However, there is also an option to upgrade to a larger 12.3-inch infotainment system and a 10.3-inch instrument console.
Mechanically, the 4 series is powered by two sets of petrol and diesel engines. One is a 2.0-litre turbo petrol producing 255bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder petrol-hybrid churning out 382bhp of power and 500Nm of peak torque. on the other hand, the oil burner comes with a mild-hybrid system, with the 2,0-litre unit pumping out 190bhp of peak power.
Thoughts About The Third-Generation BMW X6
The all-new X6 was supposed to hit the Indian shores much earlier this year, however, the company had to delay their launch plans due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic across the country. The new-generation SUV looks aggressive, offers better features as compared to its previous-gen model.