- 19 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 20 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
One among the most sought-after drag racing event, The Valley Run is back for its 2020 edition. This year's edition will be hosted between December 19 and 20, with registrations for the event already underway.
The Valley Run will host its eighth edition of the event which at the same location following the tradition. The drag race will be held on the Aamby Valley City's private airstrip, which will be converted into a two-lane dragstrip on the event. The drag race event will see both two-wheelers and four-wheelers participating on the quarter-mile dragstrip.
The drag racing event is categorized into various class to help participants compete against rivals of the same spec vehicles. This includes 4 wheelers street petrol with seven sub-categories, foreign/CBU cars with four sub-categories and a lot more.
On the other hand, categories for the two-wheelers include an Open Class which has sub-categories starting with up to 165cc and going all the way up to 1051cc and above. Other categories include Muscle Bike, Naked Bike Open, Foreign Open and more. All classification information can be found while registering for the event on the website.
As mentioned earlier, The Valley Run is among the most anticipated drag racing event of the year in the Indian motorsport calendar. The event showcases some of the best high-performance machines in the country and across the world. Participants and their tuners will spend hours together preparing for the event eyeing for a per cent start along with a flying finish at the end of the quarter-mile.
The drag race is a timed run between the start and the finish in a straight line with a distance covering a quarter-mile. Two participants line-up next to each other on the respective dragstrip section and the winner will be the vehicle that accelerates faster from a standstill and covers the race distance in the shortest duration.
Competing in drag racing is always about precision in the launch, slick gearchange and most of all the reaction time. The previous edition of The Valley Run saw more than 600 participants registering for the event to showcase their skills and vehicles.
Thoughts About The Valley Run 2020
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected a majority of motorsports events in the country either by getting cancelled or postponed. However, the upcoming Valley Run 2020 drag racing event is shining a ray of hope on the petrolheads as they look forward to in getting the pedal to the metal.