- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
One among the most sought-after drag racing event, The Valley Run is back for its 2020 edition. This year's edition will be hosted between December 19 and 20, with registrations for the event already underway.
The Valley Run will host its eighth edition of the event which at the same location following the tradition. The drag race will be held on the Aamby Valley City's private airstrip, which will be converted into a two-lane dragstrip on the event. The drag race event will see both two-wheelers and four-wheelers participating on the quarter-mile dragstrip.
The drag racing event is categorized into various class to help participants compete against rivals of the same spec vehicles. This includes 4 wheelers street petrol with seven sub-categories, foreign/CBU cars with four sub-categories and a lot more.
On the other hand, categories for the two-wheelers include an Open Class which has sub-categories starting with up to 165cc and going all the way up to 1051cc and above. Other categories include Muscle Bike, Naked Bike Open, Foreign Open and more. All classification information can be found while registering for the event on the website.
As mentioned earlier, The Valley Run is among the most anticipated drag racing event of the year in the Indian motorsport calendar. The event showcases some of the best high-performance machines in the country and across the world. Participants and their tuners will spend hours together preparing for the event eyeing for a per cent start along with a flying finish at the end of the quarter-mile.
The drag race is a timed run between the start and the finish in a straight line with a distance covering a quarter-mile. Two participants line-up next to each other on the respective dragstrip section and the winner will be the vehicle that accelerates faster from a standstill and covers the race distance in the shortest duration.
Competing in drag racing is always about precision in the launch, slick gearchange and most of all the reaction time. The previous edition of The Valley Run saw more than 600 participants registering for the event to showcase their skills and vehicles.
Thoughts About The Valley Run 2020
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected a majority of motorsports events in the country either by getting cancelled or postponed. However, the upcoming Valley Run 2020 drag racing event is shining a ray of hope on the petrolheads as they look forward to in getting the pedal to the metal.