- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Slots In Your Area Using These Websites
- Sports Boxing: Mandeep Jangra wins maiden pro bout in USA
- Finance IDFC First Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD, Check New Rates Here
- News PM Modi speaks to CMs of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand on COVID situation
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The most-anticipated drag racing event in the country, The Valley Run has been postponed to next year. The organizers of the drag racing event have announced that the event is pushed to next year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The eight-edition of The Valley Run was initially scheduled to host between December 19 and 20, 2020. However, after the warnings issued by authorities & subsequent restrictions, the organizers have moved the schedule to February 6 and 7, 2021.
The event registration timeline is also extended due to the postponing of the race. The new deadline registration is set on or before January 4, 2021. Registrations are being accepted online through the organizer's website.
The drag race will be held on the Aamby Valley City's private airstrip, which will be converted into a two-lane dragstrip on the event. The drag race event will see both two-wheelers and four-wheelers participating on the quarter-mile dragstrip.
The drag race is a timed run between the start and the finish in a straight line with a quarter-mile distance. Two participants line-up next to each other on the respective dragstrip section and the winner will be the participant who will manage to cross the finish line the fastest and in the quickest time.
Competing in drag racing is always about precision in the launch, slick gear changes and most of all the reaction time of the rider. The previous edition of The Valley Run saw more than 600 participants registering for the event to showcase their skills and vehicles.
The drag racing event is categorized into various class to help participants compete against rivals of the same spec vehicles. This includes 4 wheelers street petrol with seven sub-categories, foreign/CBU cars with four sub-categories and a lot more.
On the other hand, categories for the two-wheelers include an Open Class which has sub-categories starting with up to 165cc and going all the way up to 1051cc and above. Other categories include Muscle Bike, Naked Bike Open, Foreign Open and more. All classification information can be found while registering for the event on the website.
Thoughts About The Valley Run 2020 Getting Postponed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic is very much at large in the country and across the world. It continues to affect a majority of motorsports events either by getting cancelled or postponed. We are glad that the racing event will be conducted at a later date and was not cancelled. The Valley Run is among the most anticipated drag racing event, which will witness participants across the country.