- 4 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 26 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Have An Argument During Task; Rakhi-Rubina Lock Horns
- Sports Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Tamil Nadu ride of Aparajith, Shahrukh Khan blitzkrieg
- News Republic Day like no other: Here's how the events unfolded
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
American electric vehicle and clean energy company, Tesla, Inc. witnessed a 6 percent increase in its stock value, effectively taking stock prices to just above USD 1,000 a piece.
Tesla Daily reported via its Twitter handle that the brand is now the most valuable automotive manufacturer in the world, taking the number one spot from Japanese auto giants, Toyota Motor Corp.
The value increased after the company's Chief Executive Officer, Mr Elon Musk told staff at Tesla that the brand's Semi Commercial Truck was ready for volume production, via an email.
While the email did not specify a timeline for production but did say that it was time to bring the Tesla Semi to volume production. Mr Musk replied with a "Yes" over his Twitter handle when asked if the email about production was accurate.
The increase in share value could bring Elon Musk another massive payout from a stock compensation plan that is related to the brand's market capitalisation.
Tesla's stock value was also magnified by a bullish call by Wedbush, which raised its target price for the electric vehicle manufacturer to USD 1,000, citing that Tesla could have more room to run.
Investors in the brand are also expecting Mr Musk to unveil a new ‘million-mile battery technology that will offer a longer life, lower costs and a massive range for Tesla vehicles in the future.
Production of the battery and powertrain will take place at Giga Nevada, while most of the other production work is expected to begin at a new facility.
A prototype of the battery powered Semi was unveiled in 2017, with Mr Musk stating that the Class 8 truck would go into production during 2019. A recent statement had Tesla saying that volume production would begin during 2021.
The Tesla Semi will be powered by four electric motors and will be available with two battery configurations - offering ranges of 480 kilometers and 805 kilometers respectively.
The all-electric semi will feature automatic emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and a forward collision warning, and its infotainment system can be integrated into fleet systems.
The most comfortable Semi in the world can nail the 0 to 100kmph mark in 5 seconds, and can maintain a top speed of 100kmph over a 5 percent gradient.
Tesla is currently looking for a site to build a new factory. Texas and Oklahoma are currently leading the bidding for the new site from a pool that includes other states in the US.
Thoughts About The Tesla Semi Ready For Volume Production
Well, we can't say we're surprised. Tesla is in a league of their own and with an eccentric character like Elon Musk at the helm, we expect the first lot of Semi trucks to be ready and delivered at some point next year. We reckon that Mr Musk will be up for another payout at that point.