- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
American electric vehicle and clean energy company, Tesla, Inc. witnessed a 6 percent increase in its stock value, effectively taking stock prices to just above USD 1,000 a piece.
Tesla Daily reported via its Twitter handle that the brand is now the most valuable automotive manufacturer in the world, taking the number one spot from Japanese auto giants, Toyota Motor Corp.
The value increased after the company's Chief Executive Officer, Mr Elon Musk told staff at Tesla that the brand's Semi Commercial Truck was ready for volume production, via an email.
While the email did not specify a timeline for production but did say that it was time to bring the Tesla Semi to volume production. Mr Musk replied with a "Yes" over his Twitter handle when asked if the email about production was accurate.
The increase in share value could bring Elon Musk another massive payout from a stock compensation plan that is related to the brand's market capitalisation.
Tesla's stock value was also magnified by a bullish call by Wedbush, which raised its target price for the electric vehicle manufacturer to USD 1,000, citing that Tesla could have more room to run.
Investors in the brand are also expecting Mr Musk to unveil a new ‘million-mile battery technology that will offer a longer life, lower costs and a massive range for Tesla vehicles in the future.
Production of the battery and powertrain will take place at Giga Nevada, while most of the other production work is expected to begin at a new facility.
A prototype of the battery powered Semi was unveiled in 2017, with Mr Musk stating that the Class 8 truck would go into production during 2019. A recent statement had Tesla saying that volume production would begin during 2021.
The Tesla Semi will be powered by four electric motors and will be available with two battery configurations - offering ranges of 480 kilometers and 805 kilometers respectively.
The all-electric semi will feature automatic emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and a forward collision warning, and its infotainment system can be integrated into fleet systems.
The most comfortable Semi in the world can nail the 0 to 100kmph mark in 5 seconds, and can maintain a top speed of 100kmph over a 5 percent gradient.
Tesla is currently looking for a site to build a new factory. Texas and Oklahoma are currently leading the bidding for the new site from a pool that includes other states in the US.
Thoughts About The Tesla Semi Ready For Volume Production
Well, we can't say we're surprised. Tesla is in a league of their own and with an eccentric character like Elon Musk at the helm, we expect the first lot of Semi trucks to be ready and delivered at some point next year. We reckon that Mr Musk will be up for another payout at that point.